Do I have to prebook excursions? Specifically golfing in Jamaica?

If that port is toward the end of your week you probably are ok waiting.....but I would book it the first day onboard. If that port is early in the week then I would prebook. It is unlikely (but possible it will sell out but I would be more concern d it would get cancelled due to lack of participation. We have had golf excursions cancelled due to not enough participants and then met golfers that had planned on registering but it had already been cancelled because they waited until the last minute to book.

My husband would like to golf in Jamaica and he will book with RC. The issue is we have obc and would like to use it up with this excursion. Is there a high chance this one will sell out? Or will we be fine booking on board?

Last time I golfed in Jamaica there were four of us from the ship. Most we have ever had was 8, one of the times I played in St Thomas.

If that port is toward the end of your week you probably are ok waiting.....but I would book it the first day onboard. If that port is early in the week then I would prebook. It is unlikely (but possible it will sell out but I would be more concern d it would get cancelled due to lack of participation. We have had golf excursions cancelled due to not enough participants and then met golfers that had planned on registering but it had already been cancelled because they waited until the last minute to book.

This is a good point regarding Royal Sponsored excursions. I've never done a golf one and I'm hear reading for future consideration, but after 5 cruises I think I had 30% of my official excursions canceled. My suspicion was always lack of participation.

Last time I golfed in Jamaica there were four of us from the ship. Most we have ever had was 8, one of the times I played in St Thomas.

Was it crowded from locals or hotel resorts? What did you think of the course?

Wasn't crowded, played in about 4 hours. We had a fore caddie and a cart. Really liked the layout and views course was in good condition. We played Cinnamon Hill last time we were there.

If you are ever I n St Thomas, you will love Mahogany Run, home of th e Devils Triangle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Edited by oneputt18