Chief's Table

Kudos2Fly

Okay my question is I'm looking to do something "special" for my parent's 50th Anniversary. They are going on Carnival Sunshine on May 15th. Was looking at booking the Chief's Table for them. Is this possible to do it ahead of time or does it need to be done while on board? Since this would be a surprise, not sure how to do this. Do I need to call Carnival?

you can book it online through CCL, but you would need their booking number. You can buy them a gift card for the cost of the Chef's Table. I don't think it's any Indian dinner (LOL)

I don't have their booking number, but do have the ship, date and of course their names. I could some how get the booking number. But will have to make an up an reason to get it with out them knowing the reason why. LOL :rolleyes:

Okay my question is I'm looking to do something "special" for my parent's 50th Anniversary. They are going on Carnival Sunshine on May 15th. Was looking at booking the Chief's Table for them. Is this possible to do it ahead of time or does it need to be done while on board? Since this would be a surprise, not sure how to do this. Do I need to call Carnival?

Good for them!! That's great.

So you could call carnival and give them the names of your parents and they can probably arrange it for you. I've purchased things for my mom's sailings before without her booking number with no problems. Another option is to see if they can get a seat one night at the captain's table. Not sure if that would be fun for them or lame (forced conversation, lol). My friends emailed in advance and got it set up so they are doing both chef's table one night and captain's another.

The only issue there is it might fall on a night they weren't interested in dining there (late port day or something).

Good for them!! That's great.

So you could call carnival and give them the names of your parents and they can probably arrange it for you. I've purchased things for my mom's sailings before without her booking number with no problems. Another option is to see if they can get a seat one night at the captain's table. Not sure if that would be fun for them or lame (forced conversation, lol). My friends emailed in advance and got it set up so they are doing both chef's table one night and captain's another.

The only issue there is it might fall on a night they weren't interested in dining there (late port day or something).

Did the Captain Dinner... Well they got invited to the Bridge instead. My dad is a Merchant Marine Captain... So I guess he got to go to the Bridge, which I have to pay for. LOL :mad: Considering I would LOVE to do that, remember doing it as a kid. It wouldn't be lame for him. Don't know if I can pull that off twice in a row. I am going on Liberty in Feb. Maybe can get a note to the Captain then.

Hubby and I did it once, can't say it was force conversation. We had fun. My dad ended up getting invited to the Bridge. My mother didn't go because she got sick that day. So could try it again. I think their cruise is like 11 days.

Edited by Kudos2Fly

We did it on the Splendor in June and reserved before we sailed.

You can Email them at either of these 2 addresses:

shsteakhouse at carnival dot com

shsupper at carnival dot com

The request will go the the Restaurant Manager & they can set you up.. It is currently $75pp and well worth it.

You can Email them at either of these 2 addresses:

shsteakhouse at carnival dot com

shsupper at carnival dot com

The request will go the the Restaurant Manager & they can set you up.. It is currently $75pp and well worth it.

Not sure if this went fleet wide yet, but on the Vista it was $75pp plus a 15% gratuity added on top..

They said it was rolling out fleet wide soon when I questioned why it was not just $75.

Here is the E-mail I received from the Manager:

Your reservation request for 2 guests at The Chef’s Table is confirmed!

The date and time will be finalized once you are onboard.

The $75 charge per person, plus 15% gratuity will be automatically added to your sail and sign account.

The dress code for The Chef’s Table follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

Should your plans change please keep us advised at shsupper@carnival.com

We look forward to serving you!

Your Steakhouse Manager

Edina Cerimovic

Carnival Sunshine

They will love it. Just off the Splendor and really enjoyed the Chef's Table. The food served was delicious and they were very accommodating to food preferences.

It would be a lovely way to commemorate their anniversary.