Sky questions :)

Yarngirl30

I just join this site :)

I have a few questions.

( just a background info)

In few weeks my husband and I are going on the sky. This is his 3rd cruise, my 4th. We been on escape twice. ( my other time was on the big red boat ). I am sort of nervous going on a smaller ship, since we LOVE escape.

1)On the sky will they have rebellious Fish? ( I had some on escape and I love it)

2) since I only know a big ship ...will it be ok on the sky?

My husband's first cruise and my first in over 20 years was last July on the Sky. Since then we have been on the Sky once more, are booked on the Getaway for spring break in 65 days, the Dawn for next year spring break, and the EPIC for Christmas 2018 (though that may change to the Bliss). We also plan to go on the Sky this summer and next just haven't booked the dates.

So, the Sky got us into cruising and for that we love her. She's not as big with all the toys of the newer ships, but she has some great spaces and is perfect for a short sailing. We really like home she is laid out and love the upgraded restaurants for dinner as well as the other array of dining options for breakfast and lunch.

If you go with a carefree, this is going to be fun attitude that is what you will have.

Enjoy!

little trivia: if you look at the carpeting outside your stateroom..... the blue fish swim forward while that one red "rebellious fish" swims aft

Ok, I admitted it was "little" but I found it fun

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

Just off the Sky, we had great short cruise! Didnrt see the Rebellious Red Fish swimming the wrong way on the carpet( we did see them on the Jade!!) but loved the Rebellious Fish cocktail! Best one, not made with mixes like others. By the way, food was good, not great, but good & all inc drinks were plentiful, good bar/pool drink service, never saw any drunks. Shows good too, male lead singer deserves a sparkling career away fom cruise ships, he was excellent. Cruise director Tom( a fellow Brit) was soooo energetic he deserves a bigger ship! Well Done NCL Sky. A great cruise for a small price.

Just off the Sky, we had great short cruise! Didnrt see the Rebellious Red Fish swimming the wrong way on the carpet( we did see them on the Jade!!) but loved the Rebellious Fish cocktail! Best one, not made with mixes like others. By the way, food was good, not great, but good & all inc drinks were plentiful, good bar/pool drink service, never saw any drunks. Shows good too, male lead singer deserves a sparkling career away fom cruise ships, he was excellent. Cruise director Tom( a fellow Brit) was soooo energetic he deserves a bigger ship! Well Done NCL Sky. A great cruise for a small price.

I've never cruised NCL, only Princess. We're doing the 5 day to Cuba in May (just booked today!) and was curious about dress code on the ship. What should I bring for the dining rooms? Also, how are the dinners? Mom (1st cruise ins 20 years) is really looking forward to prime rib and the like but I haven't a clue what to tell her for such a short cruise with no NCL experience. Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Jenna

I've never cruised NCL, only Princess. We're doing the 5 day to Cuba in May (just booked today!) and was curious about dress code on the ship. What should I bring for the dining rooms? Also, how are the dinners? Mom (1st cruise ins 20 years) is really looking forward to prime rib and the like but I haven't a clue what to tell her for such a short cruise with no NCL experience. Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Jenna

I was on the sky twice last year and am also going to cuba in may! This is by far the most casual ship Ive been on. I believe only LeBistro has a true dress code. We didn't dress up at all. (think shorts and tshirt for dinner, maybe a sundress) The food on the buffet, for us, was repetitive. It seemed to be burgers and hot dogs. (obviously there is a ton more on there than that but its how we remember it. And it didn't seem to change from day to day. We like new options each day) Other people have said how much they loved the buffet. The MDR had prime rib on the menu one night and it was fine. The rest of MDR meals were good too. If you really want a great meal consider getting the dining package. We plan to get it for the cuba cruise in may.

We love the sky, she isn't fancy like her big sisters but she is still amazing. (IMO)

We have been on twice since July and have used the buffets and MDRs for breakfast and lunch but have gotten the dining package for dinner. Love all three. So worth the extra money.

As for dress, we go all out one night, Le Bistro, but go Florida dress on the the other nights.... cocktail/dressy sun dresses for me and nice shorts/polo for DH. DS eats hotdogs from the buffet and then heads to the kids club.

Cheers!

I am looking at proposing on an upcoming sky cruise :) We will have a group there to surprise the Bride to be. As we are staying in a group our rooms are close together and will have to attend the same Drill so I am planning on proposing not long after boarding. For past Sky cruisers could you help with the following?

1. Can anyone suggest a semi private nice location to propose on boarding day.

2. What bars are open prior to the drill and which would be the best for a group of approx 20 people to gather in for the big reveal?

3. Is any priority given to balcony rooms being ready?

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

I am looking at proposing on an upcoming sky cruise :) We will have a group there to surprise the Bride to be. As we are staying in a group our rooms are close together and will have to attend the same Drill so I am planning on proposing not long after boarding. For past Sky cruisers could you help with the following?

2. What bars are open prior to the drill and which would be the best for a group of approx 20 people to gather in for the big reveal?

Hey Aussie_Tolly: WOW good luck in advance with your proposal - couldn't think of a more romantic place to propose than a cruise ship!

My wife and I were on the Sky in November - really great choice firstly, as the booze is free flowing, and the service was excellent.

Regarding a semi private location - if you want to be outside, go to Deck 10 towards the Forward part of the ship to Outrigger Lounge. If you go through the Lounge, there are doors to your right or left that leads to a deck all the way forward of the ship. Considering that it's boarding day, this part of the ship is pretty quiet prior to sailaway. You'll have excellent views of Miami, along with being at the front of the ship as well. I'd say that this is a good place to have your group get together as well, but the bar in this lounge wasn't open prior to our sailaway - however there are many bars throughout the ship that are definitely open (we were definitely nicely buzzed for the Muster Drill!). A good bar that I'm fairly sure would be open is Captain Cook's Bar or the Longboard Bar - they are smaller places that would be able to easily accommodate 20+ people.

No real priority for balcony rooms that I remember (although, again, we were enjoying our drinks poolside!), but if memory serves me correctly the rooms were available at about 1.00-1.30. Plenty of time before muster drill.

Best of luck - you'll have to post us the details on how your proposal goes!!

Hey Aussie_Tolly: WOW good luck in advance with your proposal - couldn't think of a more romantic place to propose than a cruise ship!

My wife and I were on the Sky in November - really great choice firstly, as the booze is free flowing, and the service was excellent.

Regarding a semi private location - if you want to be outside, go to Deck 10 towards the Forward part of the ship to Outrigger Lounge. If you go through the Lounge, there are doors to your right or left that leads to a deck all the way forward of the ship. Considering that it's boarding day, this part of the ship is pretty quiet prior to sailaway. You'll have excellent views of Miami, along with being at the front of the ship as well. I'd say that this is a good place to have your group get together as well, but the bar in this lounge wasn't open prior to our sailaway - however there are many bars throughout the ship that are definitely open (we were definitely nicely buzzed for the Muster Drill!). A good bar that I'm fairly sure would be open is Captain Cook's Bar or the Longboard Bar - they are smaller places that would be able to easily accommodate 20+ people.

No real priority for balcony rooms that I remember (although, again, we were enjoying our drinks poolside!), but if memory serves me correctly the rooms were available at about 1.00-1.30. Plenty of time before muster drill.

Best of luck - you'll have to post us the details on how your proposal goes!!

Agreed! The outdoor area in front of Outrigger Lounge is the perfect place. Just one thing the Outrigger is forward on Deck 11. Its quiet, has a great view, and really pretty. There are time the door to the outside is locked, but even if it is, the Outrigger Lounge is really pretty and quiet so would be a great place as well. We were there when they had a wedding reception in this location, we thought it was a great place for wedding/proposal.

As for bars -- the Longboard Bar or the Great Outdoor Cafe both in the aft on Deck 11 are great places to connect with your party after the engagement.

Have a great trip!

Good luck with your proposed proposal!!! Assuming it is accepted(:eek::D) why dont you save money on a honeymoon & ask the Captain to marry you there & then!!! Or get married in Nassau....your guests and witnesses will already be there with you. There were 2 couples getting married in the Bahamas on our recent Sky trip.

Edited by firstcarib
Typo