How does MSC Cruises compare to NCL and CC

DimSum

Not even a free cruise will make me to go on NCL again . I don't mind Carnival but not my first choice.

Goldenbonny, I see that you have sailed on the MSC Divinia 3x, how would you describe your cruise on the Divinia? I'm looking at a 8 day cruise and wondering if there are enough activities during sea days.

TIA

Thanks for all the replies.

Just wondering, did the Divinia have any kids programs (specificially 9 - 14 year olds)

Is this cruise line, family friendly?

No need to worry about this! MSC is extremely family friendly. I even saw signs at bars indicating that there´s a bottle warmer available at this bar.

Yes, they do have a kids program. Check out their website. My 16 yo DD did not attend the teens program but I saw a group in the sports arena.

steamboats

MSC is much better.

I was on Divina 3 yrs ago and didn't like it. I was told by the rep at the meet and greet that they were new to Caribbean cruises and give it time. Well, 3 yrs later I'm seeing same complaints, so apparently they didn't get their act together. I had a deposit down on another cruise on it that was super cheap but I still cancelled and even forfeited some deposit money. When I like a ship I can't wait to go again. But with MSC it was worth the money I gave up not to cruise with them again.

Edited by cruise pup

You'll have live music in 5-7 spots nightly.

Kids programs quite good, nice sized club. They supposedly win all kinds of awards for their kids club. don't know if that is true or not, but we saw plenty for kids to do and they have character interaction and even some kids club games by the pool.

Plenty of day time activities, all the regular "cruise" stuff.

I thought MSC service was better than NCL. I think the MSC ships are classier than the NCL ships I have been on. NCL is a bit more multi-generational friendly as they offer something for everyone, MSC is a bit more classic cruise experience.

Liked MSC very much, have another booked for this spring and will likely book again for 2018 or 2019. Just got off NCL last month.

• 2 weeks later...
You'll have live music in 5-7 spots nightly.

Kids programs quite good, nice sized club. They supposedly win all kinds of awards for their kids club. don't know if that is true or not, but we saw plenty for kids to do and they have character interaction and even some kids club games by the pool.

Plenty of day time activities, all the regular "cruise" stuff.

I thought MSC service was better than NCL. I think the MSC ships are classier than the NCL ships I have been on. NCL is a bit more multi-generational friendly as they offer something for everyone, MSC is a bit more classic cruise experience.

Liked MSC very much, have another booked for this spring and will likely book again for 2018 or 2019. Just got off NCL last month.

I think that's a good comparison. I've sailed both and enjoyed both. They each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app