Transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport to FT Hotel and to Port of Miami Suggesti

99taylorpn

Hi,

We are getting close to our cruise, but we have not figured out our family transportation. Our group is 7 people total, ranging from 7yrs-70 yrs. We will be arriving in fort lauderdale two days prior to our cruise and staying at Ocean Manor Resort Hotel. We will require transportation from FT airport to the hotel and two days later transportation to the port.

Does anyone have suggestions and prices for the most affordable and reliable transportation options? We arent sure if van rental, shuttle or cab is the best bet.

Thanks for your help with suggestions!!

I would look into renting a van for your group that would fit all of you so that you would be able to commute around the area for meals and siteseeing for your 48 hours prior to embarkation. A one way rental with pick up at FLL and drop off at the closest return to the cruise port can be done. Prior to returning your van you can drop off the other 6 members of your group at the ship with all of the luggage and then all you would need to do is return the van and take their shuttle back to the ship.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

We are getting close to our cruise, but we have not figured out our family transportation. Our group is 7 people total, ranging from 7yrs-70 yrs. We will be arriving in fort lauderdale two days prior to our cruise and staying at Ocean Manor Resort Hotel. We will require transportation from FT airport to the hotel and two days later transportation to the port.

Does anyone have suggestions and prices for the most affordable and reliable transportation options? We arent sure if van rental, shuttle or cab is the best bet.

Thanks for your help with suggestions!!

Try the MiRide app Use discount code Canell25. I used it last week for our cruise from the port of Miami for my large family with luggage. Pre-booked for airport and cruise port transportation. Very professional, great for large or small groups. Will definitely use again. Much better than Uber or a taxi.

We rented a car at FLL from Budget and returned to Budget port of Miami rental center. We also did the reverse when we returned just to drive back to the airport later on that day. They had free shuttle service to and from the rental center to the port. It was the same price as any shuttle service price I could find and allowed us the freedom to travel around Ft Lauderdale while we were staying pre cruise. I have stayed at the Ocean Manor and there is not to much around that area, some kind of transportation would be needed for restaurants and to see the sights. There is also an Avis at the port of Miami location if that rate would be cheaper, also if you rent Budget make sure that you select the port of Miami in the selection box as there are several Miami location selections and I saw several people make that mistake and end up with no car, and join Budget fast break to save a long wait in line at FLL.

Try the MiRide app Use discount code Canell25. I used it last week for our cruise from the port of Miami for my large family with luggage. Pre-booked for airport and cruise port transportation. Very professional, great for large or small groups. Will definitely use again. Much better than Uber or a taxi.

do you recall the cost?

I would definitely get a rental car. Fort Lauderdale is one of our favorite areas in South Florida.

In fact for our upcoming trip we asked my SIL and her fiance to fly into FLL where we will pick them up, go downtown for lunch and a bit of shopping, check in at the Sheraton Cypress Creek for the night, and the go to a pre-cruise dinner at one of my favorite restaurants -- Mai Kai.

If you haven't been to Mai Kai, check it out. Its a 60 year old South Florida icon. Modeled after a Tiki Hut in the Polynesian, the food is good, the luau show is even better. Its Old Florida Kitsch at its best and the perfect way to start a Caribbean vacation.