Internet package descriptions

chinita415

In case anyone else has trouble finding it, here is the link that describes the different packages.

http:// https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Internet-Packages.aspx

On the ordering page, the descriptions are very brief. This tells you how many devices can be used for the package etc.

I am getting the cruiser one which seems like a good deal for $39, 2 devices, 980MB for 7 nights.

Edited by chinita415

So, we have prepurchased the social media package (this is $19.90) for a total of $39.80 for the two of us. The reason I purchased this is because it is unlimited. However, after looking at the packages you posted, I wonder if the streamer package makes more sense.

My initial hesitation is that I don't know how to quantify the mb....is 340 a day enough? I have no idea what I usually use.

What were the prices like onboard?

Kim

My initial hesitation is that I don't know how to quantify the mb....is 340 a day enough? I have no idea what I usually use.

Kim

NoName/Kim (how funny)

Your phone probably has a data and Wifi usage count. For us as a couple, we never use up our monthly plan of 3GB but it's because we have wifi at home at work and only use data on the weekend or when we are out. I just checkd and I used 10 GB on wifi for the month. As for daily use, you can probably try to use the phone counter to see your usage for the day.

There are calculators online. 4 hours of web browsing a day is only 65mb per day. The data intensive stuff is video streaming.

We are on the Splendida and we want to be able to browse the web to look at stuff for the next day's ports so the social package doesn't work. We will have a UK sim card when we are in port so will do a lot of our online stuff then as well.

I am not sure about the prices on board but you get 20% more data when you preorder.

I was also contemplating the streamer package but not sure yet.

Edited by chinita415

NoName/Kim (how funny)

Your phone probably has a data and Wifi usage count.

There are calculators online. 4 hours of web browsing a day is only 65mb per day. The data intensive stuff is video streaming.

I am not sure about the prices on board but you get 20% more data when you preorder.

I was also contemplating the streamer package but not sure yet.

I was a "cruisecritic" member for years...when suddenly one day, my password wouldn't work. I tried everything, but ultimately locked my account. I reached out to the website admins, but after a couple of days, they still hadn't fixed my acct.

Finally, I decided to just give up and make a new acct. In trying to do so, I attempted to use SO MANY screen names, but each was taken. I eventually threw my hands up in the air and tried "NoName" and wouldn't you know it worked! Unfortunately, a couple of days later, the admins responded and reset my original password....but after all of the frustration, I decided to keep "NoName".

Thanks for the information regarding the internet usage. I will probably switch over to the streamer package.

Kim

Edited by NoName

We bought the social pkg, unlimited mb. We went on facebook, left msgs for friends & family and posted pics. For us that was enough. I really wasn't interested in email, felt that could wait till after the trip 😊.

It was $20 for each & 1 device each, we both used iPads though I saw many using their phones

I just canceled our social packages and bought the Streamer package for 79.90. I probably won't use it much, but at least it will be an option. Perhaps I will write a review and post it on cruise critics as we go!

Kim

I just canceled our social packages and bought the Streamer package for 79.90. I probably won't use it much, but at least it will be an option. Perhaps I will write a review and post it on cruise critics as we go!

Kim

Sounds good. I think I can probably do the same (semi live TR) with my surfer package. I think you are going on the Divina so will probably spend more time on the ship than I will on Splendida.

So, we have prepurchased the social media package (this is $19.90) for a total of $39.80 for the two of us. The reason I purchased this is because it is unlimited. However, after looking at the packages you posted, I wonder if the streamer package makes more sense.

Kim

I don't know how much you will use it, but 340 a day would work for us. We've been on the Divina since Jan. 6th and have the streamer package. We purchased it before we left home and received 3,000 mb. We are using 3 devices between the two of us and have 2,498 mb left. I do not see us using all 3,000 mb and I've even used it to download books. If for some crazy reason we run out of mb, we can add 500 more for $16. I think MSC's package is a great deal, second only to the free wifi we had on our river cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi lmasima752..I realize that your post is a year old, but you mention something that I am trying to figure out. We will be on the Divina soon for 10 days. I want to purchase one Streamer package and use it for my husband and I, 3 devices between the two of us. Is this possible? It sounds as if that is what you did. Do you just use one person's log in information? Thanks for any help or advice! We really just check emails, FB, text and play Solitaire.

We were not sure what to get either. First cruise, We bought 2 pkgs, each had our own log in. When we were on the Meraviglia again we purchased 2 pkgs but when we set up the devices (concierge helped us) he set up both devices on 1 pkg then when that was used up we switched to the second pkg. hope this helps, almost time to board Seaside! Getting excited