Navigator and disembarkation

maggieq

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome...just what I want to hear!!! love the express walk off!

What about embarkation? Did you get stuck in the treaded tent line up to board?

Embarkation - got there at 10:55am, handed large bags to porter, walked right into entrance, they checked tickets, scanned carry on bags, got into small line for picture for id cards, on the boat by 11:30am. Hung out at pool. In room by 1:10pm. Did the sports consent at the flowrider with the kids and we were at Flowrider for hours starting at 1:30pm. Only 5-10 people in line there... BEST TIME to do it!

Edited by BobNoxious

I have a question. Had some friends just get off of the Navigator and said second seating for dinner was terrible. They are very loyal to Royal, as I am also. Just wondering if you had any dinner issues?

We were at first seating. It was 5:30pm (a little early for me, but it was fine). It seemed 50% empty - even though ship was full. Food was "ok", but service was GREAT.

Awesome info...good to know. Shuttle leaves the hotel at 10am..so I am hoping we are at the port around 10:30...love being first on the ship to explore and start enjoying the cruise!

I prefer the first sitting...I usually only to about half of them, but the 2nd seating is way too late.,..about 10pm by the time your done...meaning a lot of the evening activities you have missed or have already started.

We were at first seating. It was 5:30pm (a little early for me, but it was fine). It seemed 50% empty - even though ship was full. Food was "ok", but service was GREAT.

That sounds great! We have MTD at 6:00. Hope it is the same when we sail in April.

What I do is going into the dining section on my cruise planner and at the bottom you can pick my time dining times for each day. Same time each day or different times. You do have to reserve one day at a time, so it takes awhile.:);)

how does MTD work? Do you have to make a reservation each night, or is it set up when you book your cruise? Do you end up waiting for a table every night?

You can book it online. Go to your reservation and scroll down. You will see where you can order shore excursions, etc. One of the tabs deals with dining reservations. You can then go there an make your nightly time selections for MTD. This was the first time I did it and it was very easy, although as the previous poster said it was a little time consuming. Make sure you have your daily itinerary so you know when the ship will be departing each port so you aren't making a dinner reservation if you want to be watching the ship sail away up on deck. If you don't see a time you want available it might be because that particular time is already "sold out".