Taxi from airport

angelmom1

We are flying into San Juan airport and staying at the Sheraton that is near the cruise port. Does anyone know what the cost of a taxi to our hotel would be? I was wondering if they had a set price or if there is another way to get to our hotel that would be better.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Fares are regulated by zone, plus a gas fee, plus a charge per suitcase.

At the very end of last month we got a taxi from our hotel in Old San Juan (same zone as Sheraton the cruise port) to the airport. It was $19 plus $2 gas plus $2 for our 2 suitcases. We rounded it up to $25.

A few years ago, they counted my backpack that I kept with me at all times as a $1 piece of luggage. So don't just think about your big pieces of luggage.

There was also an added charge for after 9 or 10 at night. Sorry I don't remember the exact time.

We had an item of hand luggage each, as well as our suitcases. We were told by the taxi marshaller at the cruise port to keep them close to us so we didn't get charged for them. We carried them ourselves and kept them with us on the seat in both of the 2 taxis we caught at the end of December, and were not charged for them. The suitcase charge should only be for items put in the boot. There is a $2 "gas" charge though - this was confirmed by the taxi marshaller at the cruise port, as well as the hotel we stayed at. We were charged $19 + $2 for gas + $2 for suitcases from our hotel to airport.

A few years ago, they counted my backpack that I kept with me at all times as a $1 piece of luggage. So don't just think about your big pieces of luggage.

There was also an added charge for after 9 or 10 at night. Sorry I don't remember the exact time.

This was recently (May) not our experience at all...We were only charged for our large luggage...not our backpack or small carryon that we put in the taxi on the seat next to us.