Leaving PPT to LAX on ATN, which flight has less hassles? 11 vs 11:45

Burpelson

Hi all,

When weighing the ATN 11pm departure vs. the 11:45 departure from PPT to LAX, I'm wondering if there is any difference/s in hassles, lines, level of checking/customs staffing, chance of flying on the only unrefitted ATN plane (the Bora Bora), or any other considerations that might mitigate in favor of one departure time or the other?

Many thanks!

Dan

Hi all,

When weighing the ATN 11pm departure vs. the 11:45 departure from PPT to LAX, I'm wondering if there is any difference/s in hassles, lines, level of checking/customs staffing, chance of flying on the only unrefitted ATN plane (the Bora Bora), or any other considerations that might mitigate in favor of one departure time or the other?

Many thanks!

Dan

No difference other than the waiting area gets a bit full while you're waiting. The earlier flight can be a bit more money, not always but usually.

We leave LAX at 11PM and land at 4:30AM the next morning in PPT and leave PPT at 5:40 get in at 5:45 in LAX. It does not seem like the Paris plane but I might be mistaken?

Check the ATN LAX to CDG flight the next morning. It will have the same flight number as one of the ones you mentioned. I have been on the PPT to LAX leg twice and the flights were horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all...

I'm on AF flight 77 from PPT to LAX the morning after our PG cruise ends. What should I be concerned about? I got worried when I read the advice above about avoiding the AF flight.

I took that very flight in December 2015 ......... no problems. Actually I made the comment to a flight attendant on the LAX - PPT that the last time we took AF that the mini baguettes were served warmed ....... she remembered and recognized us in coach, delivering an assortment of French goodies including the baguettes nice and warm, with French butter and on china. We really got some interesting looks from others in coach :)

I took that very flight in December 2015 ......... no problems. Actually I made the comment to a flight attendant on the LAX - PPT that the last time we took AF that the mini baguettes were served warmed ....... she remembered and recognized us in coach, delivering an assortment of French goodies including the baguettes nice and warm, with French butter and on china. We really got some interesting looks from others in coach :)

Thank you so much for your reply. Big exhale! :) I'm so excited about our trip next summer and have tried to do everything to minimize anxiety about the details so your reply is really appreciated!

Hi all...

I'm on AF flight 77 from PPT to LAX the morning after our PG cruise ends. What should I be concerned about? I got worried when I read the advice above about avoiding the AF flight.

I only mentioned to avoid the Air Tahiti Nui flight that goes to Paris after LAX. Someone said to avoid AF? I must have misread something....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all,

Many thanks!

Dan

I'm not sure if this helps, but I am flying home on the 11:59pm flight (the later of the 2 redeye ATN flights). When I checked the ATN website, the plane that flies LAX to CDG is flight number TN8. TN8 is also the flight number for the earlier of the two ATN flights from PPT to LAX, so I assumed that the earlier plane leaving PPT is the one that continues on to Paris (since they have the same flight numbers).

I understand that the airport will be a complete madhouse by the time we get there, and it will likely be a miserable last few hours in Tahiti, but from the reviews I have read here on CC, that is a better alternative than being on the same plane as all the French people! hehe

• 3 weeks later...

I just flew out this past Saturday on the 11:59 ATN Flight to LAX. the 11pm was LAX- Paris.

Check in lines were the same for each. We choose to get in quite early, we were told three flights coming in and out that night could cause things to be quite busy. We waited about an hour to check-in, which seemed to be the average. Each flight had its own check-in line, so you are not waiting with both flights.

Airport as hot, humid and uncomfortable... is what it is. It's under construction.

Our flight was almost full at 11:59.

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I am flying home on the 11:59pm flight (the later of the 2 redeye ATN flights). When I checked the ATN website, the plane that flies LAX to CDG is flight number TN8. TN8 is also the flight number for the earlier of the two ATN flights from PPT to LAX, so I assumed that the earlier plane leaving PPT is the one that continues on to Paris (since they have the same flight numbers).

I understand that the airport will be a complete madhouse by the time we get there, and it will likely be a miserable last few hours in Tahiti, but from the reviews I have read here on CC, that is a better alternative than being on the same plane as all the French people! hehe

Something wrong with French people?