Is Arabia/India cruise worthwhile?

comcox

Hi :)

Meant to say, if you come across any good tour operators for this region whilst you're researching, let me know ;).

I'm already looking at flight options :o. Can't believe it was this time last year when I was doing the same for Asia :cool:.

We had a superb tour in Mumbai by Magic Mumbai. Hope it's okay to say so! The young man who operates the tour was delightful and we saw things ship excursions would never take you to! Can't recall the names of the operators out of Goa and Cochin but all three were private tours arranged on roll call. One of those went to a spice plantation where we had a wonderful tour and lunch and optional elephant ride. The other took you out to a complex of lakes and canals where you had a scenic boat ride and lunch onboard.

We had a superb tour in Mumbai by Magic Mumbai. Hope it's okay to say so! The young man who operates the tour was delightful and we saw things ship excursions would never take you to! Can't recall the names of the operators out of Goa and Cochin but all three were private tours arranged on roll call. One of those went to a spice plantation where we had a wonderful tour and lunch and optional elephant ride. The other took you out to a complex of lakes and canals where you had a scenic boat ride and lunch onboard.

If you remember the tour operators in Goa and Cochin would you mind posting it on the Asia ports? So glad you had a great time! And thanks!

If you remember the tour operators in Goa and Cochin would you mind posting it on the Asia ports? So glad you had a great time! And thanks!

I went back and checked my folder and found that all of them were with Magic Tours of India which someone has already mentioned in this thread.

I hated not to take the (very expensive) excursion to the Taj Mahal but would have missed out on the great ports we visited. Maybe a land tour another time!

Absolutely worth it. We did it from Mumbai to Safaga on the Regent Voyager with 3 nights in India's golden triangle and 3 nights in Safaga/Karnak and Cairo and it could be our best of our 19 cruises. DW wanted to see India and I wanted to see Egypt and we were both pleased. We had multiple stops in the UAE, Qutar , Oman and Jordan. Saw many interesting things in the middle east including Petra, the Sultan's mosque in Abu Dabai which was almost as amazing as the Taj Mahal in Agra and I always wanted to see the Pyramids.

PS: we prefer smaller ships, generally with better service ,food & fewer lines. We've been on the M class ships which have been refurbished and are fine.