Live on Allure of the seas Jan 8-15, 2017

Arrived at FLL Sunday Jan8 at term 2 from YUL. The black curtains were still up at baggage claim right next to our carousel....kinda put a chill down my spine. We got a taxi, registered, boarded and eating in the windjammer in 45 min! Our stateroom on deck 8 was ready at 1 pm. We were greeted right away by room attendant. I must say so far the trip has been flawless. Food has also been pretty good and so has the service. Wine prices for a bottle of wine has gone up considerably since last year. I still cringe when we order drinks for the both of us and pay $29 usd. We Canadians have to add another 35% to that for exchange.... so that limits us how much we drink. Probably a good thing! But it is ironic since RCI sells Captain Morgan rum for $11 usd a bottle. With the 70 kph winds yesterday we were unable to dock in Labadee. We arrived early this morning to Jamaica.

The ship is very clean as compared to our last trip a year ago on the Freedom. But they did have some unexpected water leak in the windjammer causing major disruptions to the food service there.

We expect the balance of the voyage to go as well. Until we arrive home to -20 C..... ohh well.

Was on the Allure last week and the headliner act was Beatlemania . I was very disappointed with this show , that being said every other show during our voyage was incredible.

Interesting, we saw that show last year and thought the music was excellent.

Edited by clarea

What is an average price for one of the frozen drinks? We are leaving in 4 weeks and I don't have the drink package, since I didn't think I would every spend $46/day, especially with being in ports 3 days. Do you know how much the drink of the day is? That's usually a little cheaper. Do you know the price of beer?

What is an average price for one of the frozen drinks? We are leaving in 4 weeks and I don't have the drink package, since I didn't think I would every spend $46/day, especially with being in ports 3 days. Do you know how much the drink of the day is? That's usually a little cheaper. Do you know the price of beer?

Beers are about $6-$8. Frozen drinks around $12