Bio Luminescent Bay and the Rainforest

Luvoceans

What is the best way to see Bio-Luminescent Bay and the Rainforest ?

My parents are in there 60's they get around great but may not want to Kayak.

They will be there February 1st on A Holland America Cruise . They will be in port from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. of course they will want to be back on the ship in plenty of time :)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and help !

• 2 weeks later...
I had the wrong date on my post but it is okay because they now have a tour booked for the Rain Forest and the electric boat in Bio Bay on the right day. Have any of you been to these places lately ? Any tips or reviews ?

Can you tell me who they've booked this with please?

Double check the moon phases for when you will be in San Juan. There are days before, during, and after, a full moon where you can't the reactions in the bay. Some reputable vendors will not run trips then, but there are some vendors out to just make a buck and don't care about the quality of the tour.

That is going to be a long afternoon and evening on a bus...

Heard from my parents . They enjoyed tour with Ellis and would recommend him if you want a private tour. As far as Bio Bay, they said not very much glow , they had to put their hands in the water to see glow . they did see Bats, iguana's , birds and crabs and said it was a nice boat ride.

The rain forest is so doable on your own. My boyfriend and I rented a car and did the rainforest on our own among other things and saved $$. Definitely make sure to check the moon phases...otherwise you will waste time and $ on bioluminescent bay. The Baccardi tour is also a fun time waster. Walking through old San Juan, a pina colada at Barrachina, shopping and of course the forts... so much to do in SJ....one of my favorite ports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I understand the full moon is not a good time to tour bio bay. Our ship will be in 4 days after the full moon. I notice it is still 87% visible - i'm assuming that is too much light to adequately see anything

Edited by ssbeard1