Harmony Staterooms

Couple questions, first is what if any difference is there between D3 and D5 on Sup Balcony Oceanview? Is a JR balcony suite worth the extra money when compared to D3? I can upgrade to the JS, but there is a 2k-3k difference in prices. We are a family of four including 12 and 14 yr old daughters.

This is something I always wonder as well. Here is what we have done on a couple different cruises. In 2002, we all had our kids in cabins with us...mistake since 4 were girls. In 2005, we booked the kids an interior room across from our balcony rooms...5 balcony rooms 2 inside rooms. Last cruise, I reserved a JS for us and then I was going to do balcony for my daughter, her bc, and then two other 20 somethings. We ended up booking 3 balcony cabins on the hump (Independence OTS) and loved it. My suggestion is to compare a balcony and an inside stateroom vs the JS. The JS definitely would help with 4 people but since you have girls...bathroom might become an issue. If RCCL will allow the girls to be across from you, that's an option. If you don't feel comfortable having them in a cabin by themselves, the JS definitely would give you more room. Still one bathroom, but more closet and walking around area. We only had my daughter in a balcony room whereas my sis in law had two teen girls...it wasn't pretty. Again, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No difference in SIZE of any D cabin...the numbers are all about location or number of beds.

A JS is a lovely way to cruise...but I'm not sure it's worth THAT much more money! JS's get NO "suite" perks, except double points and priority boarding on embarkation day...that's it!

Edited by cb at sea

I believe with a Jr. Suite you also get dinner at the suite restaurant- But the multiple bathrooms IMO worth more-so I would go with additional inside cabin for the kids and a balcony for you.

When we travel just my DH and I, we get a Grand Suite- with family, we all get Central Park View cabins which IMO are both cost effective and very comfortable. Much better then a inside cabin. If you can get deck 9 CPV, without balcony, they are also slightly larger. Enjoy