Divina's chance at redemption

Aza1972

In just under 4 weeks we will be onboard the Divina in what I hope is her redemption. Two years ago we first sailed on her on a Xmas/New Year back to back. Lets just say it was what cruise nightmares are made of. Again we will be travelling over 24hrs from Australia for this cruise so have our fingers crossed. I am sure people are thinking if our first cruise was so bad then when would be sailing the Divina again and that would be a good question. The answer to this would be for the price we can't go wrong ( i hope) and everyone deserves a second chance. So far everything about the booking process has been great. I will write a full and honest review as soon as we return

Sorry your first experience wasn't so great, hopefully you'll be pleased with your 2nd time 'round. We loved our first adventure on Divina, so much so, we're thinking of cancelling our cruise on Seaside and booking a longer cruise on Divina next year.

Have you been reassured by some of the recent reviews or do you have specific questions that might give you an idea of where they've improved?

Travelling 24 hours would definitely put me in a bad way. I don't know how you do it ;) Brave souls.

Cheers

In just under 4 weeks we will be onboard the Divina in what I hope is her redemption. Two years ago we first sailed on her on a Xmas/New Year back to back. Lets just say it was what cruise nightmares are made of. Again we will be travelling over 24hrs from Australia for this cruise so have our fingers crossed. I am sure people are thinking if our first cruise was so bad then when would be sailing the Divina again and that would be a good question. The answer to this would be for the price we can't go wrong ( i hope) and everyone deserves a second chance. So far everything about the booking process has been great. I will write a full and honest review as soon as we return

you will have a great time. Xmas is a disaster on any cruise line. We had back to back on Divina one before Xmas and one Xmas cruise. It was like on two different ships :p Don't worry .

I'm sailing on DIVINA on February 18th...I'm coming from Massachusetts, so I'm looking forward to some sun and warm weather! This will be my first time on MSC, having sailed on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Princess prior to this one. Hoping you have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sail on her on the 3rd march not our favourite line but we do it because the prices, & itinerary are very good

Also we would rather pay $22 a day for a drinks package than $49

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I will be joining you on this cruise. It will be our 1st MSC cruise. We have sailed Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Princess. Looking forward to a change.

I know you already went on Divina before....but it should give you some optimism that the reviews have been fairly positive over the last year. I went in June and checked those things daily....and I was really surprised how much we liked it.

As a matter of fact there may be a review of it here somewhere.....some may even call it life-altering reading......but that's just my wife.

My husband and I will be joining you on this cruise. It will be our 1st MSC cruise. We have sailed Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Princess. Looking forward to a change.

Will have to make sure we say hello

I know you already went on Divina before....but it should give you some optimism that the reviews have been fairly positive over the last year. I went in June and checked those things daily....and I was really surprised how much we liked it.

As a matter of fact there may be a review of it here somewhere.....some may even call it life-altering reading......but that's just my wife.

I have to admit that there does tend to be more positive reviews of late. We are going with an open mind as the bar was not set very high last time so any improvement will be good in my books