Been a while since cruising with RCI

lydnsyd

Thinking of booking a 14night cruise from Southampton - it has been quite some time since we last cruised with RCI so we are a bit out of touch.

From what I can see RCI (unlike Celebrity) still have Formal Nights - being a girlie - would I be out of place wearing a long evening dress on the Med cruise?

The other quandary is what to do about purchasing a drinks package - I looked on the RCI website & can't find a lot of info on the choice of alcohol drinks packages - are there 3 types? Where can I find more information? We are Diamond members so I know we can attend the Happy Hour in the Diamond Lounge but we usually prefer to visit some of the lounges around the ship so would most likely miss out on the Happy Hour - do RCI provide drinks vouchers instead.

Sorry for all the questions - I would appreciate your advice.:o

Hello, the Formal nights are still observed (at least on the cruises we've been on), most people tend to make an effort even if they then change after dinner.

As for drinks packages, it depends on how much you imbibe, we are D+ and between the lounge and having 3 drinks vouchers loaded onto the card to use around the ship (during the normal D lounge hours) we tend to have enough :)

But. as others have pointed out, it's your vacation but it may be more cost effective to get a soda package, use the free drinks and then just buy any other drinks you have in the evening.

Happy cruising.

Thinking of booking a 14night cruise from Southampton - it has been quite some time since we last cruised with RCI so we are a bit out of touch.

From what I can see RCI (unlike Celebrity) still have Formal Nights - being a girlie - would I be out of place wearing a long evening dress on the Med cruise?...

You won't be out of place at all.:)

Thank you so much for you advice.

Good to hear that as Diamond members we have the option of having 3 drinks added to our sea pass to use in other lounges during the Happy Hour times. That might save us from buying a Drinks package. Didn't know that there was only 1 drinks package - DELUXE- so thanks for that.

We like to drink wine at dinner - are there wine packages to chose from - I seem to recall many moons ago that there were 3 packages - does this still exist?

I'm really pleased that there are still Formal nights as I would like to get some wear out of my long evening dresses & it is always great to see my DH doing his impression of James Bond:)

Thanks for your speedy replies

Thank you so much for you advice.

Good to hear that as Diamond members we have the option of having 3 drinks added to our sea pass to use in other lounges during the Happy Hour times. That might save us from buying a Drinks package. Didn't know that there was only 1 drinks package - DELUXE- so thanks for that.

We like to drink wine at dinner - are there wine packages to chose from - I seem to recall many moons ago that there were 3 packages - does this still exist?

I'm really pleased that there are still Formal nights as I would like to get some wear out of my long evening dresses & it is always great to see my DH doing his impression of James Bond:)

Thanks for your speedy replies

There are no more fleetwide wine packages. However, each ship can have their own package, and you would have to inquire onboard about the availability.