Lobster/Crab on buffet for formal nights.

holton

but not the crab legs or the lobster. So if you want to eat those two items, you have to eat dinners in the dining room for the 2 formal nights.

We have only successfully ordered lobster from the main dining room menu (during dinner hours) from room service on the Diamond Princess. That was August 2004. We haven't been able to do the same on subsequent cruises. I know Star doesn't do it. I didn't ask the room service this time on the Sapphire. Our kids are older now and they didn't fall asleep during dinner hours so we were all able to enjoy dinners in the dining room--no need for room service.

But I do wish they can provide this service--ordering from the main dining room menu via room service! But perhaps they want to discourage eating in cabins--it would create more cleaning for the cabin steward.

We ate lobster and crab as well as beef wellington at the Caribe Cafe on formal nights.

May I ask if the crab was hot or cold? My husband loves crab legs and lobster. On our first cruise in 2003 they had hot crab legs in the dining. On our next one in 2004, they did not. He was so sad. I told him there was a chance of him getting them this year somewhere. So, please do tell. Thanks!

We ate lobster and crab as well as beef wellington at the Caribe Cafe on formal nights.

This is true, they do serve lobster at the Caribe Cafe, but it is definitely not a cold water lobster tail. Rather it is a warm water lobster, not as good. IMHO it is very much worth getting dressed up for the real thing in the dining room!!!

Archived