Anyone use cavetubing.bz with younger children (5, 7 ,10)

heffa72

Looking for feedback from parents who've used this tour company (looks highly recommended) and took their younger children. Do the kids have fun or are they miserable with the 45 min ride and the hike in the woods or cold water?

The tubes they have have bottoms and will make for easier transport down the river. The company will carry your tubes for you to the river, so that's great too. Just wondering if I'm setting my kids up for disaster.

Looking for feedback from parents who've used this tour company (looks highly recommended) and took their younger children. Do the kids have fun or are they miserable with the 45 min ride and the hike in the woods or cold water?

The tubes they have have bottoms and will make for easier transport down the river. The company will carry your tubes for you to the river, so that's great too. Just wondering if I'm setting my kids up for disaster.

Think this should be in Belize forum?

We have used .bz twice now and highly recommend them.

The first time we went, my daughter was 3 years old and absolutely LOVED it. She did everything...including holding the tarantula and also eating the termites. :p

The second time we went, she was 5 years old and we also had my 5 year old grandson with us as well.

I have reviews of both times in my signature line with pictures if you are interested. :)

We have used .bz twice now and highly recommend them.

The first time we went, my daughter was 3 years old and absolutely LOVED it. She did everything...including holding the tarantula and also eating the termites. :p

The second time we went, she was 5 years old and we also had my 5 year old grandson with us as well.

I have reviews of both times in my signature line with pictures if you are interested. :)

your review was awesome and so thorough. Thank you so much. How were the kids on the van ride to the site? I think that's my biggest worry...car sickness, bathroom emergencies. Was it truly 40 mins? And how long would you say the hike was? 40-45 mins as well?

There are nice restrooms in the cruise terminal before you board the bus, and nice ones when you arrive at the caves staging area which is a Belize park. I haven't timed the bus ride, but I don't think it was over an hour. If everyone uses restrooms when available they should be fine.

The height restriction is a fairly recent Belize law with the intent of safety. It seems like it was 48" when first enacted and has been relaxed to 42".

Edited by James in SA

There are nice restrooms in the cruise terminal before you board the bus, and nice ones when you arrive at the caves staging area which is a Belize park. I haven't timed the bus ride, but I don't think it was over an hour. If everyone uses restrooms when available they should be fine.

The height restriction is a fairly recent Belize law with the intent of safety. It seems like it was 48" when first enacted and has been relaxed to 42".

Thanks. One would *think* my daughter would be fine if she emptied out right before a trip, but she loves to prove me wrong and sometimes has to go within 15 mins...lol. But we'll be keeping beverages to a minimum that morning!! ;)

I agree with James. Nice bathrooms at the port and very nice bathrooms at the cavetubing place. If the munchkin can't hold it, these people are very friendly, I'm sure they'd stop somewhere. Believe it or not, my husband is TERRIBLE at holding his and we have been on excursions and in taxi's before and they've had to pull over. :p

I agree with James. Nice bathrooms at the port and very nice bathrooms at the cavetubing place. If the munchkin can't hold it, these people are very friendly, I'm sure they'd stop somewhere. Believe it or not, my husband is TERRIBLE at holding his and we have been on excursions and in taxi's before and they've had to pull over. :p

haha...thanks. Hopefully your husband isn't on these boards...he might not want the rest of us to know this. haha

haha...thanks. Hopefully your husband isn't on these boards...he might not want the rest of us to know this. haha

He'd be the first to admit he has bladder control issues. When he's gotta go, he's gotta go. :D :p You'd think he's had 10 kids sitting on his bladder at any given moment.

We are taking our 5yr old grandson on our cruise. We would like to do this but I am concerned about the height limit. Do they measure the little ones on site? With a marked height pole? We don't want to get there and then we can't participate. I have also read they have to ride on an adult lap.

Carrie