Custom Tour from Titanic - Belfast

jlat

Hello,

The wife and I will be docking in Belfast, this summer, on the Caribbean Princess. We are there from 8:00a - 9:00p. I've secured booking for the Titanic Experience for the morning and plan on taking a taxi there from the dock. After some time there I was looking to book tour to Giants Causeway, the bridge, some Belfast sites etc. The rub is that I want to get picked up at the Titanic Experience, do the tour and then taken back at the end to the ship. I'm not having a lot of luck coming up with a private tour/guide that will accommodate. Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, the problem is that most tour companies allow a day to do the Giants Causeway, driving up the coast road which is a very scenic drive, stopping at carrick a rede rope bridge, Bushmills Distillery etc.

Unless you want to pay for a private taxi to take you there. A direct drive up the motorway would take 1 1/4 hours approx. It's 60 miles from Belfast. It wouldn't be a cheap option, unless you could gather a group together. Public transport isn't an option it would take too long.

I've been to both, The Titanic Experience is excellent, if I had a choice though I would pick the Giants Causeway.

Hope this helps. If I can help at all let me know, I could get you some telephone numbers.

I think you might be a tad over ambitious to plan on seeing all of that in 1 day. The Titanic will take a couple of hours minimum. A trip to the rope bridge and the Causeway with transport and time to see and explore both places a bit is at least 6 or 7 hours probably more. Add in time to see some sites in Belfast and minor details like rest stops and a meal or 2 and the only way it can all happen is if you have a private driver with a lead foot to meet you at the Titanic and you rush like mad all day.

I would echo the advice above... The Titanic Experience is good but Giants Causeway is incredible. I also think a good city tour (like the Black taxi tours) of Belfast are an excellent use of time. The history of the city and Northern Ireland are fascinating.

So much to see... So little time.

We did a private tour with 2 other couples (City & Causeway Tour) to the Giants Causeway, the rope bridge (though we didn't go over it; just saw it), short tour in Belfast, including seeing some sobering murals with stories, saw the Game of Thrones trees, and had a small snack and short looksee at Dunluce Castle. We didn't go to the distillery. The person we hired was willing to customize our tour, so you may be able to see what you want to see up north and have a tour guide drop you off or pick you up at the Titanic Museum if there's enough time to make a stop there worthwhile, including possibly waiting in line to get in. (There were lines there for something, but that's about all I know.) I'm not a Titanic fan, though, so we didn't visit the museum at all. You may see the building from where you dock; we did. If you're going to Cobh, I think there are a few Titanic exhibits there that may interest you.

Then again, you have a nice, long day/evening - so you'll have more time in Belfast than we did! Lucky you...look up City & Causeway for sure!

My pictures are here: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/belfast__dublin&page=all

Edited by roothy123

• 2 months later...

the taxi tour companies may accommodate - I am doing the same trip but in reverse but I am not going all the way up to giant's causeway - i am going to the atrium coast for a few hours then back to belfast for titanic and may get dropped off by driver at titanic. you could try one of the black cab taxi companies to see if they would pick you up at titanic. we are using belfast city tours - there are others, like value cabs, paddy's, etc. who may pick you up at titanic. I also think titanic is not far from downtown belfast so even if you had to walk you could meet driver at a mutually agreeable point.