Ventura - bathrobes

BMT

Thank you.

Another point is that when I want a massage, I don't want to get dressed - I want to put on the........(wait for it!:D).....bathrobe and go back to my cabin and have a rest. Does seem to be rather shortsighted on Pandos part - not to say petty. They may think a bathrobe and sloppy slippers is an incentive to book a deluxe and above accommodation, but they need to think again.

Anyway, must go 'cos Appletree is starting on the tele:eek:

Thank you.

Another point is that when I want a massage, I don't want to get dressed - I want to put on the........(wait for it!:D).....bathrobe and go back to my cabin and have a rest. Does seem to be rather shortsighted on Pandos part - not to say petty. They may think a bathrobe and sloppy slippers is an incentive to book a deluxe and above accommodation, but they need to think again.

Anyway, must go 'cos Appletree is starting on the tele:eek:

Not sure what Appletree is but we've just booked a cruise for 2018 and evening chic is the new formal so checking it out. We're only early 50s so no idea at all what that means:););)

Re bathrobes -- I am 5ft tall so I tend to look like Dopey from the 7 dwarfs if I am not careful!

dopey_smiling.jpg.aaaa096241a0883fe1eb67a6052ea0f6.jpg

Not sure what Appletree is but we've just booked a cruise for 2018 and evening chic is the new formal so checking it out. We're only early 50s so no idea at all what that means:););)

Re bathrobes -- I am 5ft tall so I tend to look like Dopey from the 7 dwarfs if I am not careful!

Well, I have to assume that you are talking about......wait for it.................a cruise on Celebrity? I won't tell anyone on here if you don't!!

Evening chic means - look smart - but not necessarily ballgown. Men usually wear a tux, suit or smart jacket and ladies....whatever you like.....but no jeans etc. Mum and I wear eveningy trousers and sparkly tops - even on formal nights on Cunard etc.:eek: To be fair, honestly don't see much difference anymore between formal and chic on the cruises. Some people really like to dress and others don't. But everyone seems to make an effort on chic nights and most people look very smart.

This does make sense these days with strict weight restrictions on flights - evening/cocktail dresses and tuxes etc. almost fill one case!

We experienced "Evening Chic" on Celebrity Eclipse and the thing that we noticed was that there were very few long dresses or dinner suits. Most people seemed to dress in what was called semi-formal on P&O in the past

Well, I have to assume that you are talking about......wait for it.................a cruise on Celebrity? I won't tell anyone on here if you don't!!

Evening chic means - look smart - but not necessarily ballgown. Men usually wear a tux, suit or smart jacket and ladies....whatever you like.....but no jeans etc. Mum and I wear eveningy trousers and sparkly tops - even on formal nights on Cunard etc.:eek: To be fair, honestly don't see much difference anymore between formal and chic on the cruises. Some people really like to dress and others don't. But everyone seems to make an effort on chic nights and most people look very smart.

This does make sense these days with strict weight restrictions on flights - evening/cocktail dresses and tuxes etc. almost fill one case!

Yip - first one for 5 years. We are on Oceana in the April so thought it would be good to go with Celebrity for a change in the summer. Got a really good deal so that was a no brainer. Will be interesting to see the many changes though as I think they have made a lot since we were last with them.

:)