Ventura - bathrobes

BMT

I read somewhere that Pando only supply bathrobes to deluxe balcony cabins and above. Is this correct? We are obviously spoilt by travelling Celebrity, Cunard etc. and have come to expect bathrobes.

Unfortunately, my elderly mother can no longer get in and out of a bath, so we are restricted to HA grade balcony at best, as deluxe and above all have a bath - or so we have been informed.

However, this lack will be very inconvenient when opening the door for a.m. room service and without going into details, would give the server a bit of a surprise:D:D

Beginning to wonder about Pando - fifty years since we have sailed with them. Are they sooooo behind the times? Useless slippers we don't require:p

Dressing gowns, towelling robes etc. are very heavy and take up a lot of space in the case - might need an extra one just for these.:eek:

Obviously, see-through plastic ponchos won't help matters- any other suggestions anyone?:D:D

I read somewhere that Pando only supply bathrobes to deluxe balcony cabins and above. Is this correct? We are obviously spoilt by travelling Celebrity, Cunard etc. and have come to expect bathrobes.

Unfortunately, my elderly mother can no longer get in and out of a bath, so we are restricted to HA grade balcony at best, as deluxe and above all have a bath - or so we have been informed.

However, this lack will be very inconvenient when opening the door for a.m. room service and without going into details, would give the server a bit of a surprise:D:D

Beginning to wonder about Pando - fifty years since we have sailed with them. Are they sooooo behind the times? Useless slippers we don't require:p

Dressing gowns, towelling robes etc. are very heavy and take up a lot of space in the case - might need an extra one just for these.:eek:

Obviously, see-through plastic ponchos won't help matters- any other suggestions anyone?:D:D

An obvious solution may be non-seethrough ponchos.

But, trying to be serious. From your post your concern is rightly focused on your mother rather than an expectation of dressing gowns, towelling robes etc. for all. Due to your particular need, I suggest you contact P&O directly and ask if a single dressing gown can be provided for your mother. If all else fails, pack one and don't let it spoil your cruise.

Thanks everyone.

Actually, I missed a trick here - I will 'phone Pando and ask for a robe - I think at almost 102 she deserves a bathrobe - and I will guarantee to return it to them!:D

Thing is, all the other cruiselines supply them. Just had a eureka moment- seem to remember a cotton one put away somewhere. Rarely used it because of washing - its red - and we all know about running reds.:p And not the ones under the beds hehehe!! I could have my revenge on Pando and send it to their laundry!!

Oh well, we will just have to suffer the hardships of Pando.:D Hope we enjoy it as I have booked the Ventura for Christmas and New Year.

Thanks everyone.

Actually, I missed a trick here - I will 'phone Pando and ask for a robe - I think at almost 102 she deserves a bathrobe - and I will guarantee to return it to them!:D

Thing is, all the other cruiselines supply them. Just had a eureka moment- seem to remember a cotton one put away somewhere. Rarely used it because of washing - its red - and we all know about running reds.:p And not the ones under the beds hehehe!! I could have my revenge on Pando and send it to their laundry!!

Oh well, we will just have to suffer the hardships of Pando.:D Hope we enjoy it as I have booked the Ventura for Christmas and New Year.

102 years old, that's wonderful and she's still enjoying life at sea. Good luck I'm sure P&O won't refuse you [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

We recently returned from a cruise on Azura and there were no bath robes supplied in our balcony cabin. First cruise we have had with no bath robes, we bought them from the onboard shop. Were not at all impressed at all with P & O.

Edited by vinoblanco
Typo error

We recently returned from a cruise on Azura and there were no bath robes supplied in our balcony cabin. First cruise we have had with no bath robes, we bought them from the onboard shop. Were not at all impressed at all with P & O.

That must have ruined your cruise.

You can also buy them as a gift, but I don't think the quality is brilliant.

What an amazing age - 102 ---- and to still be cruising. Now that's what I want to be doing at that age ;-)

Have to say, the ones we had on Celebrity were terrible so not something we miss..

You can also buy them as a gift, but I don't think the quality is brilliant.

What an amazing age - 102 ---- and to still be cruising. Now that's what I want to be doing at that age ;-)

Have to say, the ones we had on Celebrity were terrible so not something we miss..

We are happy with the quality of the P & O bathrobes we bought, they are soft fleece and as we use our balcony a lot for arriving and departing ports, morning tea and sometimes breakfast.

Not interested in quality - just don't want to shock the room service person:D:D

Nor do I want to be dragging bathrobes in my luggage - to sit on the balcony? - forgotten about that!! Don't want to shock any peeps on other ships when we are docked!

Trying to think of other uses for bathrobes. Oh yes, could go to breakfast in the bathrobes. Went down very well on Cunard:D:D Especially on formal nights:p

Not interested in quality - just don't want to shock the room service person:D:D

Nor do I want to be dragging bathrobes in my luggage - to sit on the balcony? - forgotten about that!! Don't want to shock any peeps on other ships when we are docked!

Trying to think of other uses for bathrobes. Oh yes, could go to breakfast in the bathrobes. Went down very well on Cunard:D:D Especially on formal nights:p

Don't even joke about going to eat in you bathrobe.

When we were on Azura last July we wandered through the buffet at 9:30 am one morning and saw a family eating breakfast in their pyjamas, only mum had a bathrobe on. P& O staff didn't even seem to notice them though a lot of passengers were watching them. It made me realise why we always go to the MDR for breakfast.

When we were on Azura last July we wandered through the buffet at 9:30 am one morning and saw a family eating breakfast in their pyjamas, only mum had a bathrobe on. P& O staff didn't even seem to notice them though a lot of passengers were watching them. It made me realise why we always go to the MDR for breakfast.

I've seen this several times, on P&O and other cruise lines. I can't understand it personally but a number of people I've spoken to don't see a problem with it; they wear their robes/PJs at home for breakfast so why not when relaxing on holiday?

As for bathrobes, I don't think I've ever worn one on a cruise, even if they are supplied. I'd rather sit in my shorts and t shirt on the balcony but each to their own, I guess.

I've seen this several times, on P&O and other cruise lines. I can't understand it personally but a number of people I've spoken to don't see a problem with it; they wear their robes/PJs at home for breakfast so why not when relaxing on holiday?

As for bathrobes, I don't think I've ever worn one on a cruise, even if they are supplied. I'd rather sit in my shorts and t shirt on the balcony but each to their own, I guess.

And they probably wear their pyjamas when shopping in Tescos so wouldn't see a problem wearing pyjamas when shopping in a shopping centre on holiday.

At home, I would happily have breakfast in my pyjamas, with room service I would happily have breakfast in pyjamas, but I would never go to a restaurant in my pyjamas. In my view it is an obvious dress code requirement therefore sad to have to state it for some people.

We've been on several cruises with different lines, have always had bath robes supplied, and I was quite miffed to learn that P & O, which after all is supposed to be a "quality" line, on a par with Princess, say, doesn't offer them (apart from in deluxe cabins). We too like to go out on the balcony first thing in the morning, and on our upcoming cruise on Ventura have a C deck cabin, where I gather that a good part of the balcony is overlooked.

I gather that you can buy them, at a reasonable cost, and we are prepared to do this, provided they are OK. The measurements given on the Cruise Personaliser seem rather small. We aren't huge, but would like them to meet round the middle - or what's the point of them? Can anyone comment on the size?

What is annoying is that this time there won't be a problem taking them home, as we're driving to Southampton, but if in the future we do another P & O cruise, flying, what do we do about robes then? They take up a lot of room and weight in a suitcase.

Hi Joy,

We are on the same cruise -also C Deck!! As you can see, we are also miffed about the bathrobes!!

Perhaps at the get-together we can 'bitch' about the lack of bathrobes?:D:D

Or go together and shout at the poor souls manning the Front Desk!!:eek::eek:

Not good enough Pando - get your act together if you are reading this!!

Well, just 'phoned Pando.

Suggest we buy one - since it will need laundering after a week, I suggested this wasn't very practical as we would need to buy two!! Not practical for packing.

She suggested we could wait until we get onboard and ask at the Front Desk.

We are booked again on Ventura Christmas & New Year - not a good start - Pando sounds a bit of a mickey mouse outfit these days!!

Oh well, we do like Celebrity and really have few criticisms of Cunard - should have stuck to Cunard for Christmas!! Beginning to have a bad feeling about the Pando operation.:eek::eek:

Hate bad starts!! Hope customer service improves when we get onboard!!

Pando seems to think a bathrobe is a luxury item!! Back to the see-thu poncho for the room service guys!! hehehe!!! They ain't seen nothin' yet;);)

Edited by BMT

We bought our bathrobes online and they were in the cabin on our arrival

for our TA cruise on the Azura .

They are light weight, so we will pack them when we fly out this time .

Also would say they are decent quality for the price you pay for them .

Go to ... Ship souvenirs (bottom right hand corner of page )

P&O Cruises Soft Fluffy Bathrobe – £19.99 or 2 for £29.99

(One size - Length 47”, Chest 27”, Shoulder: 20”)

Mrs K just grabbed one and measured it for you Joy .

They measure 27 " on the back seam , not the wrap around front part .

( Hope that makes sense ;) )

So I would say you can Double that figure as a wrap around measurement

quite easy .

Hope that helps you :)

Edited by kalos

Well, I have no intention of dragging bathrobes backwards and forwards!! I have to cope with a suitcase of meds, pads etc. etc. before we even start!! Can't take evening dresses etc. so not even considering taking bathrobes.

Will just have to let room service in with a towel wrapped round me - depends upon who it is, as to whether the towel slips!!

Not interested in slippers - got drawers full of these - someone let Pando know its not a big deal anymore!!

Wouldn't mind if it was my choice to have a basic balcony - most ships balconies have a walk-in shower!!