waldorf booked with cunard

Baxterburdis

I stayed in the Waldorf with Cunard in 2002. My room was very pleasant and very big by New York standards. The bathroom was marble and luxurious. I assume it was just a standard room. The room overlooked an internal courtyard of fire escapes and the like. At first I was disappointed by the lack of view but at least it kept out street noise at night.

My travel agent and I did not realise the package included transfers (from the airport and to QE2) and continental breakfast. It was a pleasant surprise when I arrived at JFK and somebody was waiting for me. On the whole the Waldorf was wonderful and the whole Cunard package was well organised and good value.

The only problem was that because the Concorde arrived in New York so early, my room at the Waldorf was not ready for me. No hardship really. I only had to wait until 11AM.

I am sure the Waldorf is not the most luxurious hotel in New York but I love the style, history and ambience. I would certainly book the Waldorf with Cunard again.

Best wishes, Stephen.

we have a one bedroom suite booked for Jan pre our QE2 cruise., I booked it direct through the hotel and we got the suite for $349 per night....I believe this rate has changed but at the time it was a substantial saving on the Cunarded quoted rate for a standard room......I think youll find it on the hilton site....

Archived