Smoking in Grease?

yogimax

the students could? I worked in a high school in the 70s and the staff could smoke at their desks but the students could not (because they were underage).

However, the bathrooms were a huge ashtray at the end of lunch.

I remember a smoking lounge, students had be 18 though. Back then you could bring knives to school long as they weren't larger then certain length. Might have been 4.5 in blade limit. Could bring guns to school, just leave them in your truck. Had youth hunter safety class in middle school sponsored by NRA. I even dressed as cowboy at school in 5th grade, real holster and matching .22 pistol...

the students could? I worked in a high school in the 70s and the staff could smoke at their desks but the students could not (because they were underage).

I taught in North Carollna in the seventies. (where they used to grow a lot of tobacco)

Passing time between classes was seven minutes.

Why seven minutes?

That is (I was told) how long it takes to smoke a cigarette. As long as they were outside, and not within something like 10 feet of a building's door, they could smoke. There were buckets of sand everywhere, as ashtrays.

YES, the students.

Oh, and we had a students' smoking lounge in my high school.