Where are you packing your shoes!

jckvpa0

OK I'm late doing this but I'm trying to do this with getting the least amount of wrinkles. For heavier items like shoes, hair dryers, curling irons where do you place them in your suitcase? In the bottom, the top, or the outside compartments?

Sorry, I'm sure I should be placing this on someother thread but as usual I'm packing at last minute! I appreciate any feedback!

I have one suitcase for everything like that.... I usually take ALOT of shoes :p, so it makes it easier to have a suitcase for shoes, and I usually slip my hairdryer and flatiron in there as well...

Do you take alot of shoes because you need them for the different things that you are going to wear or because you are afraid you will lose part of them (i.e. your shoes in NOLA).:eek: :D

Do you take alot of shoes because you need them for the different things that you are going to wear or because you are afraid you will lose part of them (i.e. your shoes in NOLA).:eek: :D

LOL! A little of both! I generally can go through alot of shoes during the week! But I didn't lose a single pair last week :D

Too funny guys, was upstairs ironing & ran down to check! This trip was one of those last minute jaunts & I swore I would not take to much!!! It's only a 5 day trip & were not doing a before & after stay. I do have about six pairs that I'm trying to sneak in! I really don't want to give them their own bag but things are not looking so good for my dh ;) !

Too funny guys, was upstairs ironing & ran down to check! This trip was one of those last minute jaunts & I swore I would not take to much!!! It's only a 5 day trip & were not doing a before & after stay. I do have about six pairs that I'm trying to sneak in! I really don't want to give them their own bag but things are not looking so good for my dh ;) !

My suitcases have a "zippered" top section, so I put shoes in there on short trips. Also, you can pack them down in the sides of your suitcase... get creative... they don't have to stay together ;) Also, wear your biggest, bulkiest shoes rather than packing them... it'll save space... good luck!

I take one large suitcase just for shoes. Last cruise (12 days), I had 17 pairs just in case I changed my mind... :-)

gotta have the shoes......

I heard that!! I packed my carry-on with shoes, shoes, shoes...and dontcha know, I wore every single pair! :o :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Thanks, Dh caught me trying to put sweaters on hangers to put in the hang up bag & was looking at me like I had two heads!!! Told me just get another suitcase, I was trying to be good :p !!! Guess I'll just get another suitcase out! Thanks for all your suggestions.

I have this shoe thing going on myself... I love to bring a lot of shoes... I pack the shoes in the bottom... And also if you have more than one piece of luggage spread the shoes out between the luggage... Shoes do add on some weight and if you put them all in one piece of luggage you may end up with one suitcase being ove the max weight limit at the airport....

Here is the thing... I have just had to get my husband to adjust to this is me... I will bring all these shoes, and is just a fact of life, so get over it... He always shakes his head on my shoe packing thing, but Damn it makes me so happy!!

Ditto on the separate suitcase. DH and I put all our shoes in one bag. Also hair dryer or other heavy things. Last year all our luggage came to the cabin, but the shoe suitcase was missing. Didn't get there until after dinner. We were starting to sweat it, thinking we would only have the pair we had on for the entire cruise :p

Here is the thing... I have just had to get my husband to adjust to this is me... I will bring all these shoes, and is just a fact of life, so get over it... He always shakes his head on my shoe packing thing, but Damn it makes me so happy!!

I need my husband to see this. He doesn't understand why I'm packing so many shoes. He's telling me I have a limit. He better not be doing that to me. I need my shoes. Right now I have 6 pairs packed and that doesn't include my dress shoes or tennis shoes.

I always pack all that stuff in its own suitcase. I put this huge duffle bag on wheels (A gift from Marlboro thanks to DH) on the floor and everyone is to pack their shoes, beach bags, backpack and hair equipment (curling irons, dryer and flat irons). Always I put my extra hangars in there. And for sneakers I use those bags the newspaper arrives in when thrown in your yard. Just remember to start saving them months in advance if the whole family is going.

Who wants to pack stinky shoes in the same bag as your undergarments? YUCK!:eek:

Cruizinrican:)

I feel 100% better after reading this thread. My daughter and I filled a duffel bag with shoes on our last cruise. Put the other odd shaped items in there - duct tape, snorkel, power strip, etc. It is the only bag that had a note in it that had been checked by security at the airport. I promised to try to cut back on shoes for our upcoming cruise, but it sure isn't looking like it now.

I feel 100% better after reading this thread. My daughter and I filled a duffel bag with shoes on our last cruise. Put the other odd shaped items in there - duct tape, snorkel, power strip, etc. It is the only bag that had a note in it that had been checked by security at the airport. I promised to try to cut back on shoes for our upcoming cruise, but it sure isn't looking like it now.

Imagine if that was the one bag that didn't make it on the ship :eek: !!! Now that's going to give you nightmares :D !

alright now for a males point of view.

I bring Tux shoes, black dress, docksiders, sandalls,watershoes, slippers and the tennis shoes for traveling in.

so this is a total of 7 pair of foot coverings and they all get worn.

I generally pack the tux and dress shoes in my garment back in the space allotted for them.

the others always go upside down on the top of the clothes so TSA dont have to rip apart my suitcase to check it out(which they do anyway they dont care).

all shoes are placed in plastic bags from the grocery store except my tux shoes which I have velvet bags for to keep the shine.

is this too many shoes..Lord help me when I have to throw the snorkle gear in too!!!

We try to pack minimal shoes - pair of sandals or water shoes, pair of dressy shoes, pair of sneakers or boots (and one of these will be on the feet when traveling, so there's one less pair to pack). Stuff them with small items to save space (socks, undies and such) and line the sides of the suitcase and/or put them in spaces between items.

I feel 100% better after reading this thread. My daughter and I filled a duffel bag with shoes on our last cruise. Put the other odd shaped items in there - duct tape, snorkel, power strip, etc.

That is exactly what we do - we fill a mother of a duffel full of shoes and odd/ends. I offered this duffel to friends when they were going to cruise, at first they didn't think they'd need it, they just planned on the zipper pocket method. Hmmm...the last night of their packing before leaving...ring!!..."Can we use that duffel...?" :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone. I always pack my Dale Jr duffel anytime we go anywhere for just because. The hubby says not to take it on a cruise because we won't need it. I always say but we always use it anywhere else. Of course he wins because he says what are you going to pack in it. Now I can shoes, duct tape, my electric outlet and if you won't let me take it then I will have to pack this stuff in place of your undies. Someone will have to give. ;) It won't be me. Hello Jr you are cruising with me..

This thread caught my immediate attention . . . so many kindred spirits here. I pack all the shoes in a separate bag whenever possible.

Zonemasconi, I hope the lucky person who "caught" you appreciates how enlightened you are. It is so nice to "meet" a man who owns and appreciates formal footware:cool: .

jackvpa0, enjoy your trip!

I gotta say that after all the hurricane thread finally a cruise thought close to home. Male point of view yup, we need shoes too. So I do understand when my Dw also needs like a boat load of shoes? Of course! We too use a bag just for shoes, plus the ones your wearing and the spare in you carry on. Never be seperated from a Comfortable pair of shoes it will ruin your day!

Archived