Quiet places for adults on Freedom of the Seas?

margmxca

Hello.

I've never been on Freedom of the Seas and will be cruising in April. My husband and I are in our sixties, and we're worrying that there will be no quiet places to watch the sea since we have an inside cabin. Any suggestions?

One of the lower decks on the outside will probably be your quietest place with very few people. While you may not get a lot of sun, one of my favorite things to do it go to the very rear of the ship and pull up a chair. I could set there for hours watching where we've been and the wake. The higher up you go, the more crowded.

Deck 4 or 5 (whichever has the promenade walkway that goes all the way around) has tons of chairs in the shade and hardly anyone was ever in them. You wouldn't be in the sun, but it would be a nice quiet place to sit. Also, there were some chairs underneath an overhang (so shaded) somewhat near the ping pong tables (but not right next to them, as that would not be very peaceful!) that were often not occupied. Finally, it's not outside, but the Viking Crown Lounge rarely has anyone in it in the day, and it offers a great (nearly) 360 degree view.

Edited by kac0426

By all means try the Promenade deck (4). It's quiet with lots of seating. Close to the water and very open on Freedom class ships.

If the weather is bad, try the Viking Lounge on deck 14. Usually very quiet during the day and beautiful views.

Another good spot (if you like the sun) in on the helipad. If you go forward as far as you can on the promenade deck, you come to stairs going up towards the front of the ship. Walk up & you'll see the helipad. There are benches to sit on there. You get a view of the front & it's not usually crowded--sometimes no one there at all.

The little room to the right of the solarium area & the promenade deck are also good areas. Make sure you're on the correct side of the promenade deck if you don't smoke. I don't remember which side is which. Look for the ashtrays on the smoking side.

Thank you all for your advice. I have all the places written down and will check them all out. I'm really looking forward to this. I guess I'm not the only one who likes a peaceful place. The videos I see of the ship make it look hectic.