Freedom Kids Club Question

Hi there,

I am still confused on the kids club...will they have a session on the first day? I hear its important to have your child attend the first session but wasn't sure if that would be the evening of the first day or the morning on the first full day at sea? Also, does your child have to attend a "full" session or can the child say arrive in the middle of a session and/or leave in the middle of a session?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

The way I read it is the first day is a sign up/open house. They get all the kids signed up and you can check out the facilities. And I believe you can check them in and out whenever didn't see anything saying they had to be there the entire session.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no "club" activity on boarding day (which is Day 1). there is an orientation or "open house"...and YES..you should take the kids...as everyone is a stranger....everyone is NEW! This is when they are all "equal". So take them to that 1st night. The time will be in you Compass.

I think that the answer to this is different depending on the age of the kid. On 7 day cruises - go to the open house at boarding. I believe that there IS a teen meeting that night though??

For under 11, 9am first morning you wake up on board is first session. You can come late and leave early. BUT / it is capacity controlled - so if you arrive too late on a cruise with many kids - you could be locked out for that particular session. Every session starts fresh - so missing the morning doesn't mean you can't get in later that day - just show up when it opens (or at the dinner collection stand).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For teens (which starts at 12 on Royal) you really want to go and participate the first night. That way you meet people and FEEL like you belong there.

Doesn't always work; DS is a tall 12 and went the first night and was playing foosball and having fun, but he never wanted to go back. And he's a total joiner, too. But he felt that everyone else was too much older (he dances with people from 8 to almost 18 so it's weird he felt awkward about that) and there was a LOT of foul language, which he thinks is funny on occasion but apparently it was overwhelming to him.

For the younger groups it's not as important to go that first night. I *think* the first night there's a small meetup for the younger kids, then a free hour in the arcade (helpful hint: everyone can go).

I don't know about on all ships, but my most recent cruises. ( freedom this past September, and I believe on navigator in April and allure in February) the kids club was open on the first night. The hours did vary by ship. I know on our freedom cruise they didn't open until 830 but I believe on the others they opened at 7. Hard to plan for, but check when you get onboard because they may now be open some on the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by momoftheseas