How long does it take from JFK to Cape Liberty?

ninefishes

Hello,

We need some help on this. We are planning a Celebrity cruise July 7-16, 2017. Flying into JFK is much cheaper than Newark. For 2 of us it's around a bit over $250 saving on airfare. The flight we are looking at arrives JFK at 7am, and I suppose we should be out of the airport no later than 8:30am. Would that leave us enough time to the port? What would be the quickest way to go to the port? (Apparently Celebrity only provide transfer from Newark.)

Thank you!

Hello,

We need some help on this. We are planning a Celebrity cruise July 7-16, 2017. Flying into JFK is much cheaper than Newark. For 2 of us it's around a bit over $250 saving on airfare. The flight we are looking at arrives JFK at 7am, and I suppose we should be out of the airport no later than 8:30am. Would that leave us enough time to the port? What would be the quickest way to go to the port? (Apparently Celebrity only provide transfer from Newark.)

Thank you!

Are you doing a red eye? What time is the return flight you're looking at?

I'm sure someone will post a car service estimate from JFK to Cape Liberty. That's not my expertise, but I did find a base rate quite of $94. Add on 18-20% tip and tolls of at least $20 and you're looking at about $130 each way. Is the extra hassle of dealing with JFK worth it?

Thank you, mjkamom and 138east!

Yes, we are taking a red-eye. The returning flight is at around 10pm, I think.

And flying to JFK is a direct flight with free luggage check-in (that's another $100 for two saved).

If we choose flying to Newark, both red-eye and direct are $250 more and direct also involves hotel stay for a night. And we will book Celebrity transfer, that's $140 total for both of us round-trip.

Just did some quick math while typing my reply here, (if I did it correctly :rolleyes:), Flying to JFK would save us $200.

Money wise, JFK is cheaper. Hassle wise, it's not worth it... I'd be freaking out if we were stuck on the way from JFK to port in order to save $200...

We are going with Newark. Thank you!!!!!!

Edited by ninefishes

And flying to JFK is a direct flight with free luggage check-in (that's another $100 for two saved).

If we choose flying to Newark, both red-eye and direct are $250 more and direct also involves hotel stay for a night. And we will book Celebrity transfer, that's $140 total for both of us round-trip.

Just did some quick math while typing my reply here, (if I did it correctly :rolleyes:), Flying to JFK would save us $200.

Money wise, JFK is cheaper. Hassle wise, it's not worth it... I'd be freaking out if we were stuck on the way from JFK to port in order to save $200...

Good decision - saving money is nice, but your time and comfort are worth something also, aren't they? Certainly anyone who ever books anything other than a minimum inside cabin has shown that attitude.

If you want to fly in the day before, trinityreservations.com offers a sleep cruise package at the Ramada with room and round trip port transportation for $185 tax included.

I'm staying there in Monday night for my Anthem cruise on Tuesday. I'll post about my experience when I get back.

If you take a red eye to Newark and get in at 7 am, you will probably have to wait around until 11 am for the Celebrity port transfers to start. That's a long time to hang out if you've had little sleep.

Edited by 138east

I'm staying there in Monday night for my Anthem cruise on Tuesday. I'll post about my experience when I get back.

If you take a red eye to Newark and get in at 7 am, you will probably have to wait around until 11 am for the Celebrity port transfers to start. That's a long time to hang out if you've had little sleep.

Red eye to Newark arrives at 10:20am (7am was the direct flight to JFK). Do you know how much the cab fare could be from Newark to Cape Liberty? Celebrity charges $76 per person for a round trip.

Red eye to Newark arrives at 10:20am (7am was the direct flight to JFK). Do you know how much the cab fare could be from Newark to Cape Liberty? Celebrity charges $76 per person for a round trip.

Cab fare is $55-65 each way. There are no shuttles other than the cruise ship shuttles from EWR to Cape Liberty. However, the taxi dispatcher at CL offers a return shuttle for $28.50/pp. I am going to try to check this on Tuesday.

Edited by 138east

We just want to use JFK from Cape Liberty for the flight home on a Saturday. Would there be less traffic that day? The earliest flight we would book would be 3:30 PM. I need to find which form of transportation to take then. I don't know if RCCL does a transfer.

We just want to use JFK from Cape Liberty for the flight home on a Saturday. Would there be less traffic that day? The earliest flight we would book would be 3:30 PM. I need to find which form of transportation to take then. I don't know if RCCL does a transfer.

I don't think RCL offers a transfer. 3:30 is a comfortable flight time. You can prearrange a car service or go to the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty and get transportation.