Disney Roll Calls lack participation

rugerdog

I've been on several cruises in the past and the Roll Calls have been very active, informative and helpful.

I just signed up for my first Disney cruise in April, and the roll call for this cruise, as well as seemingly ALL Disney cruises, are like ghost towns. I've looked around Cruise Critic to find all the information about the ship, etc., but I really can't find anything about others going on the same cruise. I've always found Cruise Critic roll calls to be amazing in linking up with others for tours, transportation, on board activities, etc.

For those of you knowledgeable in "all things Disney", please advise.

Thanks for any information you can share.

Most of the DCL activity takes place on other online forums. I am not at liberty to provide specific links, but their are Disney-specific travel sites and very popular social media sites that have DCL pages. For our 2015 Panama Canal cruise on the Disney Wonder, we had over 200 people in a social media group for that sailing. Very active.

I've been on several cruises in the past and the Roll Calls have been very active, informative and helpful.

I just signed up for my first Disney cruise in April, and the roll call for this cruise, as well as seemingly ALL Disney cruises, are like ghost towns. I've looked around Cruise Critic to find all the information about the ship, etc., but I really can't find anything about others going on the same cruise. I've always found Cruise Critic roll calls to be amazing in linking up with others for tours, transportation, on board activities, etc.

For those of you knowledgeable in "all things Disney", please advise.

Thanks for any information you can share.

There are other Disney cruise boards with more active cruise meets.

If you have questions, you can ask here, we're mostly helpful folk.

Thanks to you all for your quick response. From my very first cruise several years ago, Cruise Critic has been my go-to, all because of the members and their willingness to help one another make the most of their vacation. One of the best parts of cruising is making new friends, and the Roll Calls have allowed me to get together with some great people before the cruise.

I am going to be traveling by myself for this cruise, and meeting up on board with a friend and her extended family. Since I will be alone, I was hoping to find others to share transportation, port tours, etc.

I am not on social websites (I know I'm probably the only one in the world that isn't), and I have looked around a bit elsewhere, but am not finding anything nearly as informative as Cruise Critic.

I appreciate the input, and I'll keep checking the roll calls. There are a few on there so far.

Certain other sites which are required to remain nameless are owned by travel agencies. The enforced rule is that you can talk all you want about how great their agency is, but reporting a bad experience or questioning a mod about rules is cause for suspension or expulsion. I had a horrible experience with the agency that owns one site and would never recommend their loose network of inexperienced non-professionals working from their cell phones or home computers.

Some sites require you to play the game their way--one example is noted in the post above. I find Cruise Critic to be much more fair and honest. They state the rules (no naming agencies or agents) and stick to that. And, believe it or not, there is a lot less drama here!:)

I don't think it's just DCL, I think in the most part Roll Calls have had their run. In the past two cruises I have been on, the Roll Calls are pretty much non existent, these are non DCL. I have been finding recently there have been a lot of ....I'm sailing....never to be heard from again. The one I was on two cruises ago, this one person kept "attacking" me, by being rude and insulting. I love to cruise, and live in an area where cruising is not the "norm" and I get excited and love to find out new things about the ships and ports I will be visiting. So becoming "involved" in a roll call that no one has any interest seems to be a moot point in the specific cruise. If one starts a Roll Call, and others post, you would think that there would be continued interest. So after this upcoming cruise, I won't be "posting" anymore.

Wow! We did a B2B cruise in Japan last summer and got lots of great info about the cruise as well as getting to meet fellow cruisers. Some people who had done the cruise the year before even joined into the discussion with valuable hints for us. We did arrange a cruise meet the day after embarkation and continued to learn from each other. The goal was not to be friends forever or do a FE group, but rather to do the best possible planning for our cruise and particularly for excursions.