Early Saver Guarantee cabins

minikiss

So Hubby and I are booked on the Ventura in December on a Early Saver fare Guarantee balcony cabin.

I've booked Guarantees before on other cruise lines, although a bit closer to sail date than this and have been allocated our cabins within a few weeks of booking.

So i'm wondering how long P&O take to allocate cabins in general.

In general will it be as quick or should I expect to have to wait till a few weeks till we sail.

Just wondering as I don't have much experience with P&O as sailed mainly on Princess and then we have mainly picked our cabin from the start.

It's a how long is a piece of string question. It depends on the popularity of the cruise and of the cabins you have booked. Many people end up with quite good cabins which people say are upgrades but of course are not as you have not got a cabin now to be upgraded from.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's a how long is a piece of string question. It depends on the popularity of the cruise and of the cabins you have booked. Many people end up with quite good cabins which people say are upgrades but of course are not as you have not got a cabin now to be upgraded from.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Psychologically people assume an "Inside Guarantee" is bottom grade of those and then if they get an obstructed view cabin they have been upgraded five or six grades and are happy as Larry. I think near to sail date a lot of insides are booked that do not exist but the line does not want to reduce prices on better grades.

Regards John

I'm guessing it's a case of wait and see.

as someone said to me yesterday, well that's 1 12th of the year over.

So we now only have just over 10 more to wait till we are on board.

Hopefully the time will fly by.........