What not to miss on the Dawn

pinkbugs471

Good Morning from Rhode Island. It is a chilly 17 this morning, and I am so ready for a cruise :D My husband sister and I just booked the Dawn repo New Orleans to Boston.

We are all seasoned cruisers, but this will be out first on NCL. What can you tell me about the Dawn? I have read several reviews, but would love to hear from you !

Best restaurants?

Where to hang out?

Are there any places on deck in the shade?

How are the shows?

Is there an adults only area?

Quite area for reading,watching the water?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marci

Not to Miss:

- The Mexican Restaurant!! Amazing food. Be careful not to fill up on too many apps.

- I loved the Main Dining Room during sea days for lunch. The hummus is so good, as is the peanut butter pie. Same lunch menu every sea day in there.

- Limoncello Vodka Martinis with a sugar rim. You can get these from Gatsby's (not on the menu), and they are yummy! Best drink I discovered.

- Another yummy drink is the Mango Meltdown

- I LOVE all of the onboard activities, and you get signatures for each one that you attend. More signatures = better prizes at the end. My favorites were Walking a Mile every morning with the staff, dance classes, Trivia, Bean Bag Toss, and Goofy Golf. All silly fun.

- Shows were all great for the most part, but they may have changed since Nov. when I got off

- The wine bar was usually empty during the day and a nice place to read a book quietly in the shade

- The sun deck is quiet if you want the sun

- My best advice: Live it up! Take in every moment and enjoy. My 14 days flew by, and I can't wait to book my next cruise :)

Not to Miss:

- The Mexican Restaurant!! Amazing food. Be careful not to fill up on too many apps.

- I loved the Main Dining Room during sea days for lunch. The hummus is so good, as is the peanut butter pie. Same lunch menu every sea day in there.

- Limoncello Vodka Martinis with a sugar rim. You can get these from Gatsby's (not on the menu), and they are yummy! Best drink I discovered.

- Another yummy drink is the Mango Meltdown

- I LOVE all of the onboard activities, and you get signatures for each one that you attend. More signatures = better prizes at the end. My favorites were Walking a Mile every morning with the staff, dance classes, Trivia, Bean Bag Toss, and Goofy Golf. All silly fun.

- Shows were all great for the most part, but they may have changed since Nov. when I got off

- The wine bar was usually empty during the day and a nice place to read a book quietly in the shade

- The sun deck is quiet if you want the sun

- My best advice: Live it up! Take in every moment and enjoy. My 14 days flew by, and I can't wait to book my next cruise :)

We will be on dawn in 10 weeks (4th time) this will be the first time since they got the Mexican resturant. We have it booked for the first night. I have checked ou the menu and it looks good. We love to get table side guacamole at home. What did you'll try that was real good. I have checked out the pulled pork enchiladas . I don't care for red sauce so I will ask for queso or cheese.

Want be able to. Ring left overs home to eat the next day.lol