Shareholder Benefits on a 4 Day Cruise

I am sailing on the Enchantment in April.

I am a RCCL shareholder, but have not used shareholder benefits for many years, because I had always used Next Cruise Certificate.

What would the OBC be for a 4 day cruise, and how do I apply?

Thanks for your help.

• 5 months later...
Im in the same boat/ship!

RCCL said you get NOTHING!! The claim because of a promo credit no credit will be afforded!

RIPOFF!!! Lets put together a class action ;law suite!

The terms & conditions on that linked page tell you that the shareholder's OBC is not combinable with any other benefit.

They are not required to offer any OBC at all.

What would be the basis of your lawsuit?

Thanks so much!

I was on the phone with Royal for over an hour (on hold most of the time) and go no answer.

Thanks again, Jim

Calling on the phone is not how you redeem your credit.

There are instructions on that link of what and how to submit your proof of stock ownership. Follow those steps.

:)

I have redeemed OBC for 3 and 4 night cruises when I book an interior or oceanview cabin (in other words, not using any C & A balcony discount), didn't already get OBC for booking on board, AND didn't book during a "sale".

Pricing schemes aren't usually a contraindication. If you aren't getting OBC with the pricing, they will usually give you the shareholder's OBC

I was denied once because I booked at a "Going going gone" rate.

We booked a LB 2019 cruise while on board EX TP. We got reduced deposit ($50) and OBC ($50). The 1-2- Free sale was going on, so since this is a 7 night sailing, we supposedly got Day 3 and Day 6 "free". But the shareholder OBC for a 7 night cruise is $100. I'm afraid to have RCI remove their $50 OBC so I can get my $100 in case RCI says the shareholder is not valid with 1-2-Free. Then with my luck, I'm afraid RCI won't put their $50 OBC back on once (if) I get the denial from shareholders!

I was denied once because I booked at a "Going going gone" rate.

We booked a LB 2019 cruise while on board EX TP. We got reduced deposit ($50) and OBC ($50). The 1-2- Free sale was going on, so since this is a 7 night sailing, we supposedly got Day 3 and Day 6 "free". But the shareholder OBC for a 7 night cruise is $100. I'm afraid to have RCI remove their $50 OBC so I can get my $100 in case RCI says the shareholder is not valid with 1-2-Free. Then with my luck, I'm afraid RCI won't put their $50 OBC back on once (if) I get the denial from shareholders!

Apply for the shareholder OBC and at worse they will simply deny but just as likely they may grant the additional $50 OBC to what you already have.

I accumulated about 30 shares before I realized the booking discount I get for Diamond status would negate the Shareholder discount, and would be better.

That said, if I sold my 30 shares today I'd have enough profit to fund 20 $100 Shareholder discounts. I think I'll be OK.