What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I was on the Feb 24 Escape cruise, had a large balcony mini suite, and my bid of $880pp (so like $1760) to lowest Haven was not accepted. Maybe I upped it too late (2.5 days before sailing; it was $480pp for a couple months), but I was rather surprised I didn't get it.

How did you like your mini suite stateroom? We are booked in a mini suite with large balcony and we placed bids on the Haven. If we get it great if not it looks like the mini suites on deck 8 are in a great location.

I have a bid in on my cruise coming up March 17 on the Gem for a mini suite for $100. It seems the sailing has been sold out or just about for the last several weeks. At what point would they stop taking bids, and just reject the bids that are in? In other words, put me out of my misery (LOL) and stop me from checking every day...I am totally ok with my OV cabin, just curious really! And if anyone else is sailing on this date on Gem, have you gotten an upgrade recently?

[emoji51] 33 days left....I can’t take it! Will I get my upgrade? Should I up my bids. Why do they do this to me? The anticipation is killing me! 🤯

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel your pain! Still waiting to hear something on our bid from CAS inside to balcony. We had already received our upgrade by this point last December on the Epic.

I received an email today to upgrade and I’m in a H4 already so the options were an H3 and H1. I bid on the H1 but NCL doesn’t show any garden villas available so how is that possible? It hasn’t had a gv showing for at least a month. Any ideas/info? Thx

We received our upgrade approval today for an Epic sailing this Saturday. We upgraded from a midships balcony to a spa mini suite w/balcony. (BB to M9). We offered $200 per person. We are super excited!

That is awesome!! Congrats! We will be on the same sailing. We put an offer for a Haven Aft balcony, but haven't heard yet. I'm not hopeful, but we'll see. Either way, we will have fun :)

For an Alaskan summer sailing on the Pearl, what could I expect to need to bid to get an SE Penthouse Suite cabin? Currently in a B2 Family Balcony cabin (was a Balcony GTY).

I tried searching the thread and found a lot of people who had upgraded to a B2, but not from a B2.

First cruise with Norwegian for my wife and I, we've both only ever cruised with Disney before so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

For an Alaskan summer sailing on the Pearl, what could I expect to need to bid to get an SE Penthouse Suite cabin? Currently in a B2 Family Balcony cabin (was a Balcony GTY).

I tried searching the thread and found a lot of people who had upgraded to a B2, but not from a B2.

First cruise with Norwegian for my wife and I, we've both only ever cruised with Disney before so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

I’d say $500 to $750 pp

It seems to all depend on the individual sailing and how full it is.

It will depend on much more than just your bid amount. Numerous factors will be considered. First and foremost will be if the room you are bidding is even available instead of directly booked.

Book the room you are going to be happy with, bid on a room or rooms you'd like to upbid too, bid what you are comfortable paying to get that room level above yours if you win.

There is no guarantee on the bidding process. You could max out the bid graph and if the cabin isn't available it's not going to be accepted.

Good luck.

We just came off the Pearl recently and was in a forward penthouse SE. The view is fantastic for there.

I assume I will hear about my bid by tonight at 5:00? We sail on the Epic this Saturday at 5:00. Now the question... do I up my bid or is it too late? I love/hate this game!! Why did I even start playing? I am in a regular balcony and put a low/fair bid in for an Aft Haven Penthouse. The Havens have shown "sold out" for months, so I am not expecting much. Maybe with all of the negative talk of spring breakers on the Epic, the haven guests will back out and we can move up??? Any chance of that happening?

I assume I will hear about my bid by tonight at 5:00? We sail on the Epic this Saturday at 5:00. Now the question... do I up my bid or is it too late? I love/hate this game!! Why did I even start playing? I am in a regular balcony and put a low/fair bid in for an Aft Haven Penthouse. The Havens have shown "sold out" for months, so I am not expecting much. Maybe with all of the negative talk of spring breakers on the Epic, the haven guests will back out and we can move up??? Any chance of that happening?

Yes you still have a chance! Bid what you are comfortable with.

We didn't get the upgrade.

We are in a BD balcony and put a low/fair bid for an H6 aft haven balcony, but were declined.

Oh well... more money for other fun :)

Sorry. We leave on April 15th and wondering if we will get into the Haven as well. What was your bid? Did you end up upping your bid? Thanks. Have fun!!

We leave tomorrow, March 10, on the Escape. We're in a mini suite and I found out yesterday that our $720Cdn bids on H5 and H9 were rejected. I also bid on H7 but have not heard anything. Has anyone ever found out the day before? The website shows us in our original cabin, so I'm assuming it's a no...

We leave tomorrow, March 10, on the Escape. We're in a mini suite and I found out yesterday that our $720Cdn bids on H5 and H9 were rejected. I also bid on H7 but have not heard anything. Has anyone ever found out the day before? The website shows us in our original cabin, so I'm assuming it's a no...

Did you check your credit card to see if it has been charged?

Sorry. We leave on April 15th and wondering if we will get into the Haven as well. What was your bid? Did you end up upping your bid? Thanks. Have fun!!

The lowest we could bid was $200 pp and we bid $310. We knew it was a long shot, but we didn’t really want to spend a lot more than $600. It was only a four day cruise.

Did you check your credit card to see if it has been charged?

I just checked again and nothing on the card. I'm guessing it's a no, unless anyone heard the day before, which I don't remember seeing.

I just checked again and nothing on the card. I'm guessing it's a no, unless anyone heard the day before, which I don't remember seeing.

My understanding was that all room assignments needed to be finalized 48 hrs before sailing.

We are new to this process (bidding) and wonder if someone could clue us in as to how we get into a bidding process for an upcoming cruise (not until Jan. 2019). Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cole

We are new to this process (bidding) and wonder if someone could clue us in as to how we get into a bidding process for an upcoming cruise (not until Jan. 2019). Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cole

they send an email when you are able to start bidding... I thought everyone gets an email but that doesn't seem to be the case... so cross your fingers.