What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

We are new to this process (bidding) and wonder if someone could clue us in as to how we get into a bidding process for an upcoming cruise (not until Jan. 2019). Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cole

If you can bid, you won't actually be able to until you are 80 days from sail date.

We are new to this process (bidding) and wonder if someone could clue us in as to how we get into a bidding process for an upcoming cruise (not until Jan. 2019). Thanks for any help you can provide!

Cole

Bidding commences currently 80 days out.

Bob

March 4, Breakaway from NYC

original booking balcony B6

3 days before cruise $1260/pp bid accepted for Haven 2 bedroom

Were you monitoring (thru fake booking) how many Haven 2 bedroom were remaining on cruise prior to the upgrade process? Thanks in advance.

Bidding commences currently 80 days out.

Bob

OK - it is 80 days out, but how do bid? Is there a website, do they contact you, any specific information would really help. Was not aware this was even an option!;)

Cole

OK - it is 80 days out, but how do bid? Is there a website, do they contact you, any specific information would really help. Was not aware this was even an option!;)

Cole

Not everyone is given the option to bid for an upgrade. Some travel agencies do not participate either.

Not everyone is given the option to bid for an upgrade. Some travel agencies do not participate either.

Also you will not be allowed to bid if you were able to get a great deal. My wife and I went thru a TA and saved about $900 (compared to NCL best price) Long story short the only way we have received an invitation to bid was to pay NCL directly another $800......which we did not

Also you will not be allowed to bid if you were able to get a great deal. My wife and I went thru a TA and saved about $900 (compared to NCL best price) Long story short the only way we have received an invitation to bid was to pay NCL directly another $800......which we did not

Not our experience.

Cole

Dear Cole,

Did you bid directly through Norwegian? If you did, you can log on to the Norwegian website, go to your cruise and you will most probably be offered the chance to bid for an upgrade. I'm not sure what the mechanics are if you go through a travel agent.

Best regards,

Bob

Not our experience.

Its not common as I found out. I ended up talking to a few people at my TA company along with a few managers at NCL but it does happen. Our TA said we were about the 10th case they had heard of. We had a Spa Mini on the BA 14 day cruise and after talking to 5-6 people with the same cabin I found out they paid a heck of a lot more than us Lol

Its not common as I found out. I ended up talking to a few people at my TA company along with a few managers at NCL but it does happen. Our TA said we were about the 10th case they had heard of. We had a Spa Mini on the BA 14 day cruise and after talking to 5-6 people with the same cabin I found out they paid a heck of a lot more than us Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We deposited our cabin as a Guaranteed Oceanview, used points to upgrade to a Balcony, and still got an upgrade offer. The Mini-Suite bid started at $50 pp minimum, the other categories started at $500 pp minimum. We are happy with our balcony but I put in a $50 bid just for fun. Not expecting anything. We are booked with a Travel Agent but we were able to submit the bid ourselves.

We are in the Haven 2 bedroom family suite and I am waiting on a bid for the Haven deluxe owners suite. Sailing is 3/24. When do they start accepting bids?

If that is on Escape or Epic they are both showing sold out.

I keep getting email to bid on an upgrade, cruise is in 43 days and every category above ours is sold out - don't understand, do that many people cancel after final payment has been made?

No one really knows other than it is possible someone could cancel although I doubt few do. The more common thought here is they are looking to gather data points on what people would bid.

Now, I'm sad. I went and looked and all suites on my sailing are sold out. I guess they probably won't accept my bid! Bye, bye butler! :*

I talked to NCL yesterday. They pull out of inventory of all the cabins up for bidding. If we get our bid of the Havens deluxe owners suite.....our 2bd haven family suite will be up for grabs. Good luck to you.....

100% FALSE. We got a BB angled balcony for for FOUR including cruise fare, taxes, promo fees, AND DSC the total was $1,515.20 and we were allowed to bid on an upgrade including as low as $800 TOTAL to upgrade to a haven H7 cabin.

Sorry but its 100%, I spoke to 3 others couples on the cruise different TA's who had the same issue. It is up to NCL if you receive and invitation to bid. I was told by Vivian Ewart| Vice President, Passenger Services "You saved enough money on your original booking, if you want to have the option bid you need to pay more up front"