Headed out on the Regal today

CintiCruzer

Did you happen to notice how late the shops are open in St Thomas? Were you scheduled in port until 10:00pm? We have chartered our own boat for the day in st thomas so it will take up most of the daylight hours.

Was there three weeks ago. The shops were open by the ship until about 7 or so (each shop was different)

Have a great cruise! Love Regal specially our huge stateroom. We just got back Feb 1 after 2 weeks on Regal and before that 2 weeks on RCL's Harmony. Wish we were sailing right now just to get away from these rain in CA!

Sonia

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have a great cruise! Love Regal specially our huge stateroom. We just got back Feb 1 after 2 weeks on Regal and before that 2 weeks on RCL's Harmony. Wish we were sailing right now just to get away from these rain in CA!

Sonia

Sent from my iPad using Forums

St Thomas - so much to do, it really depends on your desires... one of my favorites is the snorkeling trip to St Johns... the water is crystal clear in the national park and the ride up and down the roads are where some of the famous "Bond" movies were filmed

Shopping is always fun - last trip the DW went shopping and I was photographing the interesting doors on the old buildings... and of course, a trip is not complete without visiting Gladys' for lunch... everything on the menu is homemade - my favorite are the salsa & chips to snack on while deciding on a menu item!!!

This year we did a sunset cruise on a catamaran, just beautiful... did not need a jacket after sunset, the temps stayed pretty warm.

We found out about a new trip on the underwater scooters that tour the underwater reef areas.. it sounds like lots of fun - it's like a helmet dive and you are on a underwater jet ski... i'm told you don't need any experience and you don't even need to know how to swim... your face never gets wet...they said the typical group is 40 to 45 people and you get about 45 minutes of underwater time with 15 people on each dive... so lots to do

This past trip to St Kitts, we did an island tour... the usual thing that give you highlights of the island... the Batik factory is very interesting and the plantation at Romney Manor where it is located has some beautiful grounds to explore...

in talking to other passengers, the rain forest is spectacular...the walk is not too difficult and very neat scenery... they even saw some monkeys running around.. sounds like something to consider on my next visit...

I would not be afraid to book something with a private company at either island if you find something that interests you... getting around on these two islands is fairly easy with lots of interesting to see & do... On some of the other islands in the past, we have just hired a driver for the day... ask him to show you the highlights... for around $100 you can get a guy all day... on St Martins last year, the guy dropped off for lunch, then shopping later... we just called him when we were ready and he came to get us... that worked like that in Aruba too...

so pick out what interests you and set it up - Enjoy

Th so called underwater scooters are not new but a lot of fun. Have done it twice and enjoyed it both times. It is the BOSS excursion. If you are planning on taking it get one of the cheap underwater cameras from Walmart (Fuji brand) as they guides will take pictures of you as you are going around the area. The excursion charges $25.00 for the $7.00 camera. The Captain is a real funny great guy. It helps to be able to swim about 30 feet to the scooter but tey will help you if you can not. Enjoy it as it is a great experience.