Parking options for Manhattan terminal

Budski54

We will be sailing out of Manhattan in late March on the Breakaway. Has anyone ever used an outside parking garage near the terminal? If so, were you shuttled to/from the garage? Or did you drop off luggage and others at terminal before parking, and then walk/taxi/Uber back to terminal?

Are there any parking garage/services that you highly recommend?

Any information/recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

We will be sailing out of Manhattan in late March on the Breakaway. Has anyone ever used an outside parking garage near the terminal? If so, were you shuttled to/from the garage? Or did you drop off luggage and others at terminal before parking, and then walk/taxi/Uber back to terminal?

Are there any parking garage/services that you highly recommend?

Any information/recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks

From where are you traveling?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great question Budski, I very interested in the same information. Currently we are planning to stay at a Hotel in Ridgefield NJ but DH would prefer to find a parking area close to the terminal so when we get back we can get our car and head back to MA.

I found this on the these boards a few weeks ago.

https://www.parkjockey.com/cruise-parking/manhattan-cruise-terminal?cruise=6932

Apparently there is also park jockey app as well.

We are driving up from Pa in april and thinking doing the same thing. That or driving to north jersey and taking the train the rest of the way up. Parking at a Hamilton Station is $7 per night. Tix are $32.50 round trip. That's our cheapest option but we might be willing to pay a little more for the convenience of having our car right there.

I found this on the these boards a few weeks ago.

https://www.parkjockey.com/cruise-parking/manhattan-cruise-terminal?cruise=6932

Apparently there is also park jockey app as well.

We are driving up from Pa in april and thinking doing the same thing. That or driving to north jersey and taking the train the rest of the way up. Parking at a Hamilton Station is $7 per night. Tix are $32.50 round trip. That's our cheapest option but we might be willing to pay a little more for the convenience of having our car right there.

Thanks for the information. I just went to Park Jockey and the total for one week goes from $136.50 to $185.00. It depends on the distance to the garage, ranging from 0.3 to 0.5 miles.

Initially, we planned on renting a car one-way for $92.50, and then taking Amtrak back to Philadelphia which is about $78.00 to $96.00 for two people.

We'll probably go with driving and then parking for a week. This way we'll have the convenience of having our car.

I've used Park Right twice and will again in June. We drop luggage off at port then drop car and walk to port about 5 minutes. Upon return we just take our luggage and walk back to garage.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the information. I just checked Park Right. Theironically rate for one week is $196.00. I'll probably go with Park Jockey ( see other post).

Great question Budski, I very interested in the same information. Currently we are planning to stay at a Hotel in Ridgefield NJ but DH would prefer to find a parking area close to the terminal so when we get back we can get our car and head back to MA.

I did receive a few replies that suggested a few parking garages. I checked them out and posted the rates by replying.

Just to give an update, I wound up booking a garage for one week parking via PARK JOCKEY. The total cost is $140.00, including taxes. I had a handful of garages to select from, so I Googled their addresses to get an image of the building that the garage is located in. I settled on the garage in the SILVER TOWERS. The garage is below ground of a large high rise with entrances on West 42nd, and on West 41st.

I've used Park Right twice and will again in June. We drop luggage off at port then drop car and walk to port about 5 minutes. Upon return we just take our luggage and walk back to garage.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Forums mobile app

If you have the time, could you give me some details about dropping off the luggage before parking in the non-port garage.

Did you drop off the luggage at the street level, or at the ramp Level?

Did the the porters immediately take your checked baggage, or did someone in your party stay with the luggage and wait until you returned from the garage?

Any details you can give would be appreciated. I'm trying to decide if I should drop off the luggage and park, or park and walk/taxi/Uber to the terminal with the luggage.

Just to give an update, I wound up booking a garage for one week parking via PARK JOCKEY. The total cost is $140.00, including taxes. I had a handful of garages to select from, so I Googled their addresses to get an image of the building that the garage is located in. I settled on the garage in the SILVER TOWERS. The garage is below ground of a large high rise with entrances on West 42nd, and on West 41st.

Just a warning: they charge more for SUV/minivans at most of the garages.

How much does it cost to park right at the port? (For a week)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's $40 a day but if you are travelling on the Gem there are coupons that lower it substantially (search this board). When parking at the pier there is NO surcharge for oversized vehicles so that helps a bit.

There's another section of Cruise Critic that is dedicated to departure ports, etc that may offer more info:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

we just got back on 1/29/17 on the breakaway for 2 weeks and we stayed at hotel in ridgefield park for 224.oo--hotel, breakfast, parking and transport to and from terminal. in our car driving home by 10:30 home by 3:30 pm with stops. would do this again in a heartbeat

we just got back on 1/29/17 on the breakaway for 2 weeks and we stayed at hotel in ridgefield park for 224.oo--hotel, breakfast, parking and transport to and from terminal. in our car driving home by 10:30 home by 3:30 pm with stops. would do this again in a heartbeat
Sounds awesome....just need to a bit more details. What hotel? Did they offer the transport to and from the port or did you find your own? If you found your own...what was it? Did you park at the hotel for those 2 weeks? Not sure if the $224 includes the parking and transport?t. We are booked for a 2 week cruise too and really need to find something like this. Thanks in advance.

Sounds awesome....just need to a bit more details. What hotel? Did they offer the transport to and from the port or did you find your own? If you found your own...what was it? Did you park at the hotel for those 2 weeks? Not sure if the $224 includes the parking and transport?t. We are booked for a 2 week cruise too and really need to find something like this. Thanks in advance.

and the name of the hotel would be helpful

thanks

sharkman

We have booked with Park Right for our March trip. We will drop our luggage & passengers at the pier and drive over to the garage. Walk back is only a few minutes. We looked into parking right at the pier, $40 a day for a 10 day trip is steep. There is a discount coupon floating around that was from months back. It will give you a discount to bring the price down to $300 for 10 days. Still high compared to Park Right. Also, beware when trying to use the coupon. I contacted the Manhattan Cruise Terminal Parking facility and they told me they were no longer honoring any discount coupons. But some people have said they have recently honored them.

Last year we used Valet Anytime.....picked up our car from us right ant the pier and returned it to us upon our return. They are no longer in business. There is another company that offers the same service, but have not researched them at all.

Think we will stick with the Park Right garage.

and the name of the hotel would be helpful

thanks

sharkman

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100077011.htm

Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ - You have to book the NYC Park, Ride and Cruise package. We thought it was a great deal. Price included parking for the duration of the cruise, breakfast and a car service to and from the Manhattan cruise terminal. Back in October we paid roughly $280 for the two of us. It's a nice hotel, with easy access to the interstate. We plan on sailing out of NYC in 2018 and will definitely stay there again. So easy.

If you have the time, could you give me some details about dropping off the luggage before parking in the non-port garage.

Did the the porters immediately take your checked baggage, or did someone in your party stay with the luggage and wait until you returned from the garage?

Any details you can give would be appreciated. I'm trying to decide if I should drop off the luggage and park, or park and walk/taxi/Uber to the terminal with the luggage.

When I did it last I drove to the lower level and gave the porter my large bags and then drove to the garage and walked back a few blocks. Did the same when I parked at the terminal, but I had to exit and re-enter to get to upper deck. On return I have walked to the garage with my bags, but I have also had a family member wait at the curb while I got the car. If parking at the terminal a porter may take the luggage cart up with you.

It's pretty simple to drop luggage off. You go up the ramp and follow signs to drop off/pick up. There are porters there and we just dropped the bags off and went down the ramp to exit the port. One time we got there early so we went and drove around NYC, there is very little traffic at 9am on a Sunday morning.

There are actually 3 levels, street level, Drop off, and parking.

When I did it last I drove to the lower level and gave the porter my large bags and then drove to the garage and walked back a few blocks. Did the same when I parked at the terminal, but I had to exit and re-enter to get to upper deck. On return I have walked to the garage with my bags, but I have also had a family member wait at the curb while I got the car. If parking at the terminal a porter may take the luggage cart up with you.

Thanks for the reply. I like the fact that the porters takes your luggage on the lower level, so dropping the luggage off, and then driving to the garage and walking back seems like a good way to go.

In order to save time, I'm thinking of going to the garage first, and the catch a cab/Uber to the terminal. The garage is very close to the exit from the Lincoln tunnel, so I might as well stop there first.

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/new-jersey/hilton-garden-inn-ridgefield-park-LGARPGI/offers/100077011.htm

Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ - You have to book the NYC Park, Ride and Cruise package. We thought it was a great deal. Price included parking for the duration of the cruise, breakfast and a car service to and from the Manhattan cruise terminal. Back in October we paid roughly $280 for the two of us. It's a nice hotel, with easy access to the interstate. We plan on sailing out of NYC in 2018 and will definitely stay there again. So easy.

This sounds awesome......is there a limit on how many days? Our cruise will be in 2018 for 14 days. I went to their web site but it does not say anything about how many days for the price quote. It sounds too good to be true....but if it is then we will be booking a room there.