Allure of the Seas - Flight Home

CurlyQ132

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on Allure of the Seas. When the trip is over and we arrive back in Fort Lauderdale, what is the earliest flight we can get home from FLL Airport?

I wouldn't do anything before noon. Even though the airport is nearby, it may take a long time to get off the ship and through customs. Plus you have to allow time to get through TSA, not to mention checking a bag at the airline counter.

We just sailed her in November and for the most part 11:00 shouldn't be a problem. I would use luggage valet and use a taxi or car service vs ship shuttle. You might be a little to early for LV, but I can't recall the earliest flight time, maybe 11:30 if I recall correctly.

We had a late flight so it wasn't a big deal for us. But, we used the ship shuttle and sat for 45 min before it left the port. We were the first ones on board the bus so they waited until it was full before we left. Also, TSA pre-check helps speed up things at FLL especially if you don't have luggage to check.

If we leave our luggage outside our cabin for them to pick up but are not using luggage valet, how long would it take us to get our luggage and make it off the ship? Is there a deadline for everyone to be off the ship? We have a rental car booked for 10 a.m. and our flight doesn't leave until 7:45 p.m. so I wonder if I should change the pickup time for the car to later, maybe 11 a.m.?

If we leave our luggage outside our cabin for them to pick up but are not using luggage valet, how long would it take us to get our luggage and make it off the ship? Is there a deadline for everyone to be off the ship? We have a rental car booked for 10 a.m. and our flight doesn't leave until 7:45 p.m. so I wonder if I should change the pickup time for the car to later, maybe 11 a.m.?

Not worth worrying about, they will have a car for you.

You will get luggage tags for departure that are tied to the expected time to leave the ship. Go to Guest Services mid-cruise and ask for departure luggage tags for around 9:45am or earlier.

No problem with your 10am car rental booking.

We are sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on Allure of the Seas. When the trip is over and we arrive back in Fort Lauderdale, what is the earliest flight we can get home from FLL Airport?

We were getting off Allure on Dec 3 and had a 9:40am flight. We got up early ,carrying our bags and we're off the ship, through security, and at the gate at 7:20am

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...