Are forward cabins on QM2 bumpy/noisy?

BoiiMcFly

I once had a cabin very far forward on deck 5. It wasn't noisy at all, but crossing the Atlantic, one night was very rough and at one stage had the blankets not been tucked in REALLY tightly, I would definitely have fallen out of bed.

Personally, I would avoid cabins so far forward again.

The farthest forward on QM2 we have stayed was 4007 and we found it very comfortable. I doubt you would ever have the problem of "boom! shake, shake, shake" forward on QM2 as is common on normal cruise ships in even mild head seas. Also, no noise to speak of at all. Any ship will have more up and down motion forward but that is a motion we both like. Makes us sleep like an old dog.:eek::D:D

I was in inside 4005 near Illuminations. I think once or twice during the day I might have heard some muffled noise, but was not in cabin most of the time.

Also got part of a cyclone that hit New Zealand. One morning the captain apologised for the rough weather overnight. I asked my dinner table mates if there had been rough weather as I did not feel anything out of the ordinary.

I do usual book forward cabins and have had much rougher trips on other ships.

All the voyages on which we had our accommodation midships or close to it the sea was calm for the entire crossing. The two times we had staterooms far forward we ran into some rough weather for a day or day and a half. There is no doubt the QM2 is a very stable ship but, like all ships, it can pitch and you may be thrown about.

Hi everyone,

we are checking out a forward cabin on deck 4 right next to Illuminations. Do you feel a lot of movement in these cabins and are they very noisy or should we be fine? TIA.

I had 10005 on a very rough TA and was surprised how stable it was but midships will always be better as far as movement is concerned.

I had 10005 on a very rough TA and was surprised how stable it was but midships will always be better as far as movement is concerned.

We were just two staterooms aft of that (10009) on our fifth or sixth crossing on the QM2. It was our first experience with any significant motion on this ship. When I got up in the night I was thrown into a bulkhead and, later, the bathroom door came into contact with my rib-cage. Fortunately no harm was done.

An elderly woman was not so lucky. Apparently she fell during the night, fracturing her leg. She was air-lifted to a land hospital by the Royal Navy.