long beach airport Info

mina

Hi All:

We are flying from phx to long beach in October (Diamond!!). The cost is the same to go to any of the surrounding airports as it is to go to LAX. Does anyone have experience with the long beach airport? Will it be really crowded on disembarkation day? Are there any other close airports you would recommend besides LAX? thank you!

Long Beach is a small regional airport, VERY convenient and never crowded. I would definitely choose Long Beach over SNA (Orange County) or LAX to get to a cruise...you're closer as well.

Enjoy your cruise! icon_smile.gif

I agree, good choice. I live here near the LB airport, it is a small very convenient airport. Still designed in the 50s style. Baggage pick up easy, one thing you should know is that you board and get off planes via stairs rolled up to the planes out doors, no ramps to the planes. So if anyone you are traveling with is handicapped or has difficulty with stairs, you need to notify the airline so arrangements can be made. Other than that , LB is great , I much prefer it over LAx or Orange County.

Cori

We flew into and out of LGB for our recent Regal Hawaii cruise. It is very small as stated and very convenient. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency LGB pre-cruise and got a taxi for $17 to the hotel. When you come out of the terminal and after you have claimed your bags, walk to the right -- the taxi stand is under some trees there.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

VERY wise choice. Its awesome. Spread the word! If you're cruising out of either LA or LB port its the best airport.

Suzy

NEXT --> Pride of Aloha 6/11/04

Monarch family weekend 10/15/04 & Grand Galveston 12/11/04

Diamond Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/1/04

Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 10/18/03 -- Wind Star Honeymoon icon_biggrin.gif 11/14/03

Star Princess Wedding icon_biggrin.gif 9/24/03 -- Mercury icon_biggrin.gif 10/5/03

Vision of the Seas icon_smile.gif 10/28/02 -- Amsterdam icon_smile.gif 4/22/03

Sun Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/10/02 -- Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 6/15/02

Carnival Holiday icon_frown.gif 9/8/00

Archived