Breakaway-has anyone embarked, left the ship and returned before sailaway?

Mom2B&Z

We have sailed Breakaway twice and are booked again for March 12/17 in the Haven. I know there is a lot of time between suite boarding and the time one is required to be aboard. DH and I are debating whether it's a good idea for me to embark with the family, leave the ship to do my 16km run, and be back onboard by 1:30pm. I think it's a fantastic opportunity to run along the Hudson River, DH is worried I'll miss the ship!

Anyone with experience is welcome to comment. I am well aware of the hypothetical situations that may arise :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Generally i would agree with you (dh and i have done BA 6 times). But last summers boarding was delayed for everyone bacause of an accident on board (and a crew member was killed). The wedding party was delayed, haven was delayed until after noon, dh, dd and i boarded 12:30 ish.

They try hard to turn it over and board asap, but stuff does happen.

Generally i would agree with you (dh and i have done BA 6 times). But last summers boarding was delayed for everyone bacause of an accident on board (and a crew member was killed). The wedding party was delayed, haven was delayed until after noon, dh, dd and i boarded 12:30 ish.

They try hard to turn it over and board asap, but stuff does happen.

Thanks, I think I'm going to play it by ear. I want to know I can access the cabin as soon as I get back, and DH and I prefer to board together because we have our boys with us. The thought of doing 16kms on the running track or a treadmill is horrible...whatever I can get done outside on the road will be better than either of those options!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could be mistaken, but I could have sworn I just read a review on this forum the other day where a husband and wife embarked together in Seattle and the husband disembarked to surprise his wife flowers that she had seen at Pike Place Market. There didn't appear to be any problems. But as someone else suggested I'd definitely talk to someone at NCL before counting on it.

We have sailed Breakaway twice and are booked again for March 12/17 in the Haven. I know there is a lot of time between suite boarding and the time one is required to be aboard. DH and I are debating whether it's a good idea for me to embark with the family' date=' leave the ship to do my 16km run, and be back onboard by 1:30pm. I think it's a fantastic opportunity to run along the Hudson River, DH is worried I'll miss the ship!

Anyone with experience is welcome to comment. I am well aware of the hypothetical situations that may arise :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

Once you have boarded, you can leave the ship and return just like you would at a port stop. At least that's what I believe.