"LIVE" from the Navigator 2/12/2017

niksmom630

We fully enjoyed that seating section on Indy. We could wave down to our friends that were hanging the bar below and they teased us right back.:D

Chris, that image uploaded on Tapatalk looks perfect. Did you post it in best size and did you use your iPhone 6/7?

We loved this section on our Liberty cruise also. Agree it's a great spot, and close to all the action.

Actually I posted this from Tapatalk in medium. When I used it on Harmony, the app was not giving me any sizing options. Now it is [emoji15] good to know that the quality is still decent, as these were the first pics I tried via the app just pulling them directly from my photo stream.

And yes, used my iPhone 7+

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A few random thoughts and observations before the next round of photos.....

- pool towel sign out is alive and well on the Navigator. I thought I recently read somewhere that they had discontinued the practice based on Guest feedback? Maybe I was dreaming....

- the bar staff and roving servers have been plentiful. By comparison, I rarely saw them on Harmony, and the pool bar was typically staffed with two bartenders. 5 bartenders at the pool bar late yesterday afternoon and more people on foot than I could possible count. Hope this is a fleet wide trend. [emoji106]

- there are no disposable coffee cups by the machines in the Cafe Promenade. But you can ask for one in the area where they prepare the specialty coffees next to Ben & Jerry's. I only know this because I normally purchase one of those Royal Caribbean thermal coffee mugs to use on board, but they aren't selling them in the gift shop on this sailing

- I guess I missed the "memo" on this, but I thought D+ C & A could still bring breakfast from the Windjammer into Chops? Only suite guests apparently. Not a big deal, but the Jammer was a zoo yesterday morning, and I was fully prepared to stroll in there and grab a table until I saw the signage.

- I've read several reviews from people complaining about everything from stained toilets, sewage smell, dilapidated common areas, blah blah blah.....so here's my two cents....I was on this ship for the first time in 2004 when she was the largest cruise ship in the world. I remember walking into the Royal Promenade for the first time in complete awe and wonder. I could not believe I was actually on a cruise ship. She was simply stunning and polished from top to bottom....

Well, she's 105 in dog years now, so you have to expect some mileage on her. If you are looking for rust spots, balcony railings in need of varnishing, or a chair with a frayed armrest, you'll probably find some.

Me.... well, I'm happy as long as the service is good, the food is decent, the weather cooperates, and I have a view of the ocean. And for what it's worth, our toilet is working famously, I haven't caught a single whiff of any offensive sewage odors, and the current crew is just as warm and friendly as the ones I remember from 2004. [emoji4]

That's the way my wife and I feel. We don't complain much about anything. We feel like we are on a cruise ship, and we are on vacation for the next 9 days. We are going to make the best of it. WE are loving your review, and looking forward to reading more of it.

Thanks for the excellent report, perfect timing we are sailing on March 12 (spring break :eek:)

How are the lines on the Flowrider? Only tried on the Oasis, where even with two the lines could get 20 deep! (although that was a New Year sailing).

Two lines, about 8-10 deep for boogie boarding...but I would imagine it would be safe to double that if you are on a spring break cruise. We were on a 5 day Nav cruise over spring break once, and there were 1200 passengers under the age of 25. The demographic is pretty different on this sailing

474d8f56446dca4b3767462876a363bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just went to grab a beverage, and saw a bunch of people walking around with these pineapples....not sure I'm following the math here, I would have thought it would be $2 if you have the beverage package. Now you know. $5 if you feel the need to drink your Pina out of a pineapple

f1135337c8fa87f29885d5a43966575d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went to grab a beverage, and saw a bunch of people walking around with these pineapples....not sure I'm following the math here, I would have thought it would be $2 if you have the beverage package. Now you know. $5 if you feel the need to drink your Pina out of a pineapple

Royal calls that Dynamic Math.;)

Quick Question - with the beverage package, are you able to get a big bottle of water for your stateroom or to carry in port? Thank you

To my knowledge, the beverage package only offers the 500ml size of water. Just accumulate a few bottles.

Well, she's 105 in dog years now, so you have to expect some mileage on her. If you are looking for rust spots, balcony railings in need of varnishing, or a chair with a frayed armrest, you'll probably find some.

About 15 years ago I took Marie on a local dinner train for her birthday. A co-worker took the same train the week before. We compared notes after and he hated it. For him it was slow service, cold food and not a scenic ride due to trash along the tracks (he even took pictures of it). For me it was terrific, the service matched the relaxed pace of the trip, food was normal temp you would find for a chain restaurant, and looking out over Lake Washington towards Seattle and the Olympic Mountains was breathtaking.

Marie still mentions this as one of her favorite birthdays. It's all about perception and attitude.

Marie still mentions this as one of her favorite birthdays. It's all about perception and attitude.

You've got that right, Bill. I've certainly encountered my fair share of complainers on this sailing (and every other for that matter), but I'm a glass half full kind of gal [emoji4] sounds like Marie is as well.

About 15 years ago I took Marie on a local dinner train for her birthday. A co-worker took the same train the week before. We compared notes after and he hated it. For him it was slow service, cold food and not a scenic ride due to trash along the tracks (he even took pictures of it). For me it was terrific, the service matched the relaxed pace of the trip, food was normal temp you would find for a chain restaurant, and looking out over Lake Washington towards Seattle and the Olympic Mountains was breathtaking.

So if you don't like chocolate ice cream it's because of your perception and attitude ?

It's not possible that different people like different things ?