BT&T center from Holiday Port of Miami.

buddy1755

I would like to go see a game after our cruise on April 3rd Mtl is in town, I have never been to Miami, I just wonder should I take the transit (is it safe for my wife and I?)or a taxi to get to the BT&T center, I see its about half hour by car and up to 1.5 to 2 hours by transit. have never used UBER, but to my understanding you need a cell phone which I wont have with me.

Edited by buddy1755

I would like to go see a game after our cruise on April 3rd Mtl is in town, I have never been to Miami, I just wonder should I take the transit (is it safe for my wife and I?)or a taxi to get to the BT&T center, I see its about half hour by car and up to 1.5 to 2 hours by transit. have never used UBER, but to my understanding you need a cell phone which I wont have with me.

The BB&T Center is in Sunrise which is a western suburb of Ft Laudedale. You really need a rental car and should probably get a hotel in the Ft Lauderdale area.

Tickets...

https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/Florida-Panthers-Games-Up-to-45-Off-2434756/?utm_source=localdeal_us&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2439937&utm_campaign=2439937_html_miami_deal%3a2434756

The BB&T Center is in Sunrise which is a western suburb of Ft Laudedale. You really need a rental car and should probably get a hotel in the Ft Lauderdale area.

Tickets...

https://www.travelzoo.com/entertainment/florida-southeast/Florida-Panthers-Games-Up-to-45-Off-2434756/?utm_source=localdeal_us&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2439937&utm_campaign=2439937_html_miami_deal%3a2434756

Thanks for the reply, maybe ill go watch a basketball game instead. lol

It will take you a lot longer than a half an hour by car. Closer to 90 minutes.

Go see the Heat at AA Arena.

BTW, it is the BB&T Center not BT&T.

I would see the Heat.

You can get tickets on StubHub and I would wait until a week before.

They are not playing so well.

We usually go to one or to of their games when we stay in downtown Miami.

Keith

Not playing well? The Heat was riding a 13 game winning streak, but it was just snapped by the 76ers. We'll have to see if they go on another run.

Not playing well? The Heat was riding a 13 game winning streak, but it was just snapped by the 76ers. We'll have to see if they go on another run.

I probably should have said in comparison to the years with Lebron/Wade/Bosch.

They are only 24 and 31 and in a weak division.

So tickets are a good deal more reasonable now then a few years ago. :)

Keith

From Downtown Miami to the BB&T center it would take at least an hour, and more if you leave any time after 3:30pm. Its a long drive with lots of traffic on a weekday. Transit is not an option honestly. Its safe, but would be miserable.

If the Heat are in town that is a nice 5 min walk from the hotel to the arena they play in and Heat games are great, typically, even this year, games are close to capacity and they put on a good show with a good atmosphere. Panthers games are not as popular, but when Montreal plays they typically have a full arena with tons of Montreal fans that live down here.

• 1 month later...

I was just looking at prices for Miami Heat Games and see that they are not playing at home. They play at home on April 2 (day before your cruise ends) and are not back at home again until April 10. I am sure that you figured that out already but just thought I would post that seeing them was not an option after all.

Keith