Sandals Ochi

bgladden

We are arriving at Ocho Rios Jamaica on March 29th. I originally booked the shore excursion for Bamboo Beach Club VIP, but after seeing some negative reviews I was considering cancelling that and getting a day pass at Sandals Ochi. Has anyone else done this? What is your experience getting a cab from and to the port? What is your experience with the resort?

We are arriving at Ocho Rios Jamaica on March 29th. I originally booked the shore excursion for Bamboo Beach Club VIP, but after seeing some negative reviews I was considering cancelling that and getting a day pass at Sandals Ochi. Has anyone else done this? What is your experience getting a cab from and to the port? What is your experience with the resort?

We did a day pass Jan 2016 at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort and it was fantastic. For about $80ish (I think) per person it included transfer to and from, beach, pool, food, and drinks. Not to mention the resort was beautiful. It is an adults only resort just as an FYI. I highly recommend it....my next land vacation could very well be here

Not to put a damper on your plans.....but think about the resort guests staying there for their week's vacation - and think of yourself in that position - would you want hordes of cruise ship passengers crowding your resort beach/bars/etc while you're trying to relax on your much-needed vacation?

Did Sandals Ocho Ríos day pass several years ago and had a wonderful experience.T ransortation to and from the resort was included as part of the tour. Sandals picked us up at the port with one of their vans and returned us to the ship the same way. Allow about 1/2 hour from ship the resort.

We had access to all areas of the resort, except the actual hotel. This included the restaurant, pool areas, beach and tiki bar. There were about 20 of us from the ship, and we were fully integrated with the resort guests. I doubt if any of them even realized we were from a cruise ship and not actually guests of the resort.

We had access at no extra charge for all drinks and food served outside of he main dining room.Food was delicious, drinks high octane and resort grounds were beautiful.

Our experience was several years ago, and I hope that haven't changed things.

Not to put a damper on your plans.....but think about the resort guests staying there for their week's vacation - and think of yourself in that position - would you want hordes of cruise ship passengers crowding your resort beach/bars/etc while you're trying to relax on your much-needed vacation?

Resorts that do this have a capacity control that limits the number of outside day visitors. It's not come one, come all.

While I don't disagree with you; if the resort offers a day pass option, someone will use it. Why shouldn't the OP be that someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While I don't disagree with you; if the resort offers a day pass option, someone will use it. Why shouldn't the OP be that someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have been to Sandals many many times. Ochi is indeed vast. A coach load of visitors would never even remotely be noticed - you are 100% correct - OP should go for it - I doubt anyone has ever noticed day trippers - Its impossible to see everything in the resort in a week let alone a day - it is one very very big piece of Sandals real estate!

I think Sandals see it as selling future vacation space - nice way to offer a sneak preview.

We did a day pass Jan 2016 at Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort and it was fantastic. For about $80ish (I think) per person it included transfer to and from, beach, pool, food, and drinks. Not to mention the resort was beautiful. It is an adults only resort just as an FYI. I highly recommend it....my next land vacation could very well be here

We have done that two times. And I have to agree with you. That place is paradise!