Trays on Caribbean Princess?

jima53

Are there trays to use on the LIDO deck food areas. Such a drag trying to bring everything to the table without several trips for food, drinks etc. Jim

Jim,

No Princess doesn't have trays at Horizon Court. They have very large plates at the entrance and smaller plates and bowls scattered near the various food stations. Also they have broken down the long line of HC into numerous stations which is very handy - if you just want the salad you go to that area, or dessert etc. I think it works very well.

It's a pretty big deal if you are elderly and unstable. My parents ate in the dining room for the most part because it was difficuly for them to balance their silverware, plates and glasses. Finding a table was also a horror and then having to back track to get your drink, dessert, etc. Trays and better yet, bus stewards to carry them and find a table are services that we found lacking on Princess. Celebrity provided this service and it was very much appreciated.

I'm concerned with what the above person said about elderly or others wanting to make one trip for food and drink without having to backtrack several times. It can be inconvenient for some and the trays like they use on the Zaandam or the Miracle make things easy. I guess some might think this is a way for people to really load up and I'm wondering if this is part of the cruise lines thinking too. Making it more difficult to carry it to the table and they will take less. Unfortunately I've seen the mess people make when they have to carry their plate and drink on a rocking ship.

Jim

I am going to try to find somewhere that sells plastic trays (anyone know of a store?) and bring one with me. We have a balcony and I plan on bringing breakfast, at least, up to my room to eat! Carrying a plate of food and a drink would be much easier with a tray!

You only have to carry your plate-- silverware and napkins are located at the table. Place your plate down then go get your drinks. Some ships have servers with carts for serving drinks.
This is actually an excellent point that I hadn't thought of. My daughter broke both bones in her right leg at the ankle in early May (one wrong step on uneven ground so it can happen even when you're young and healthy) and due to irritation/inflamation caused by all the metal put in to stabilize the bones, she's back in the boot cast until they can operate and remove the metal in the Spring. Having to juggle a plate and then go back for drinks is going to be difficult.

As an FYI, I haven't seen silverware and napkins on the tables in the buffet on any Princess ship I've been on over the past few years. And, the drink cart has coffee and juice for breakfast, and only canned sodas at lunch although I've never had a problem with asking someone to get my coffee or a soda.

I think we may just stick with the dining room for breakfast and lunch. The food's better there anyway.

You only have to carry your plate-- silverware and napkins are located at the table. Place your plate down then go get your drinks. Some ships have servers with carts for serving drinks.
We were handed the silverware, napkin and plate when we entered the cafe.

A person could choke before the drink cart comes around. :D

As I said before, making two or three trips for a younger person isn't difficult. It's those that are unstable that have a difficult time.

On one of my cruises, there was a tray in the room under the glasses, water, or ice bucket. I used it one day to help bring back coffees and snacks to the room (self room service:p ). I cannot remember if it was Princess or a different cruise line. You could order room service early in the sailing and then keep the tray for use during the week.

. You could order room service early in the sailing and then keep the tray for use during the week.

What a wonderful indea.

I have not sailed Princess but Royal and Carnival. ANd every table we sat at had silverware and napkins out. I thought it would be he same onPrincess. wow. what does a person in a wheel chair do>

I don't recall the silverware and napkins being set out on any of our recent RCCL cruises.

Me either. The silverware has always been wrapped in a cloth napkin and left in a basket near the trays on my RCI cruises.

Archived