I find myself less than comforted after reading Carnival Cruise Lines Wikipedia Page

Carleeb12

I shouldn't have read this thread. I'm so tired of people lookiing for the worst in Carnival. I love both Carnival and RCC, but I left the C&A group on FB because of this today. They both have their goods & bads in every category. Hell I'd even feel safe on a Costa cruise. One bad apple doesn't make the whole line crap. More people get online and complain than compliment.

He's back from the cruise that he fretted compulsively about and has posted a very favorable review of his cruise.

It's somewhat difficult to believe that the same person made the divergent posts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In response, Carnival's court filing takes the position that the contract that passengers agree to when they buy a ticket "makes absolutely no guarantee for safe passage, a seaworthy vessel, adequate and wholesome food, and sanitary and safe living conditions."[23]

This is all just legal mumble jumble. Cruise companies want to give you the best cruise that they possibly can. They wouldn't stay in business otherwise. The stance that you posted is simply so that they can't be held accountable should circumstances prevent them from providing their usual good product.

Additionally, this makes me sad:

"The company has reportedly been paying wages under $1.50 per hour to employees with low-to-nonexistent benefits, such as holidays or minimal vacations.[14] Monthly salaries of the high paid workers is around $1,300."

You can't think in terms of how much money $1.50 USD or $1,300 USD is here in the US. Those amounts are a small fortune in the countries that these workers come from. There's a reason why these people work on cruise ships, in jobs that are extremely tough: because they would never be able to earn that kind of money back home. Not to mention they are getting free room and board as well.

Look at it this way, have you ever had some symptoms show up on your body or with your health that caused you some worry? Then you do exactly what your doctor doesn't want you to and go and search your symptoms up online only to find out you now have some horrible disease because the internet says you do? Then you go to your doctor and find out it's not a big deal and you worried yourself to death for no reason. Same thing here, if you want to find something bad you'll find something bad or you could stay off of the symptom checker and not scare yourself to death!