Pre-cruise Marriott hotel in Miami

vatofla2009

Have stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis 2 times and will be there next Friday. It is a very nice hotel within easy walking distance to restaurants and shopping. I actually prefer the InterContinental, but I have so many Marriott points, I just use them there for a pre-cruise stays.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We stayed at the JW Marriott last year and booked it again this year. Rooms are great and the view of the port is nice. We were able to see our ship docked.

My opinion of Marriott Biscayne Bay is a little biased since the upgraded us to the bedroom suite over looking the water. I still dream of that room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis for both of our Eclipse cruises out of Miami. It's a very nice hotel and I certainly recommend it. And yes, you can see your ship docked from your room if it's facing the port!

Also no problem staying there without a car. There's a lot within walking distance and cabs are plentiful.

f9abb59355c576229d68e430cedcc90a.jpg

Have had good stays at both. Most recently at JW Marriott Marquis, and will be staying there again for two nights before and after our Reflection cruise in April. All stays are with points.

Rooms at Marriott Biscayne Bay were smaller with a small balcony, but it was still a nice stay. Marriott Marquis the rooms and bathroom were spacious and more upscale. Floor to ceiling windows and no balcony, but we had a beautiful view of the ships in port.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

In January I stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I liked the location, there is a Publix walkable nearby, and the restaurant in the hotel is nice.

It's also very close to the cruise port.

Here is the views from our balcony.

2ec360926d34799b899ca53ad9a1f8af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed at both in the past 90 days. I think the JW is nicer with better food if that matters to you. Both offer nice dining options within walking distance. Marriott on Biscayne Bay has much better bay/ocean view rooms if that is important to you and available when booking. The rooms at JW Marriott Marquis are nicer and bathrooms are a notch above the other. You can`t go wrong either way.