Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

We then started to make our way back toward the ship...

G0163803.jpg

G0163804.jpg

Crossing back over the bridge...

G0173810.jpg

G0173808.jpg

The Rift fort has been converted into a number of shops and bistros... we decided we would stop for a few beers before making our way back onto the ship. So we sat on the patios and did some people watching...

G0193815.jpg

I also went up to the top of the fort wall to snap a few more shots of Navigator.... You can get some great views from the top of the wall...

_DSC0776.jpg

Then one more of the buildings of Curacao....

_DSC0780.jpg

With that our fabulous day in Curacao was coming to a close.... Navigator would soon be on its way to Aruba!

Wow! Thanks for posting I just got back from court and am so excited to see a new installment!!!!

I leave Thursday for Miami.

I really hope we will have weather like yours, what a great review and wonderful pictures. you have a gift!

Thank you and I hope you have great weather as well. I understand they always have great weather in the ABC islands....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day 6 - Aruba

Well I will try and add some more to this review...

Day 6 of the cruise would find us in Aruba. I was looking forward to this stop. We had been to Aruba once before and on that stay... much like Curacao we toured the island. This time we wanted to spend the day once again at the beach. Surprise surprise...

Navigator arrived in Aruba at 7:00 am and folks were getting off the ship by 7:30. We would be in port until 5 pm. We took our time getting off the ship and we headed down the gangway around 9:30 am. No crowds and we walked right off. When you come off the ship you walk threw an area where vendors are set up (its indoors) and then you exit on the other side of the vendors. Once you make your way out the doors, you can either head into town with an easy walk or there is a taxi stand where you can head to the beach or any part of the island for that matter.

We headed straight for Palm Beach. Palm Beach is a two-mile long strip where you will find many of the hotels and resorts. There are lots of water sports available, beach bars and waters are very calm. It is a busy beach but you can easily find a spot. The taxi ride was around $15 one way. We learn't a lesson on the way back... I will tell you later...

Palm Beach was about a twenty minute ride from the port. Very easy to get to. Once there we found a spot we liked and paid $30 for two chairs under a tiki umbrella, right near the water, a bar and that also allowed us to have WiFi as well. I think it was worth it.

Aruba has some beautiful beaches with white sand and clear aqua coloured water.

G0233827.jpg

Our spot..

_DSC0781.jpg

_DSC0782.jpg

_DSC0783.jpg

Looks like fun....

_DSC0784.jpg

_DSC0786.jpg

If you feel like a catamaran trip this is the place....

_DSC0791.jpg

Jolly Pirate trips also left from the area. This is actually what we wanted to do but procrastination didnt get us to the beach in time. Next time for sure...

_DSC0792.jpg

The views along the beach were also very good...

_DSC0793.jpg

Lots of folks enjoy the warm, refreshing waters...

_DSC0794.jpg

_DSC0795.jpg

Vanda standing near the Tiki spot we had...

_DSC0796.jpg

I can never get enough of the tropical life!

_DSC0804.jpg

Someone having fun posing in the water...

_DSC0805.jpg

_DSC0806.jpg

Swim out and dive off the dock....

_DSC0807.jpg

Playing on the beach...

_DSC0809.jpg

_DSC0810.jpg

I thought this looked like fun out in the water...

_DSC0811.jpg

Always fun to try some paddle boarding

_DSC0812.jpg

Another hotel on the beach...

_DSC0814.jpg

All ages enjoying the water....

_DSC0815.jpg

Off in the distance Holland America makes its way into port...

_DSC0817.jpg

I love palm trees....

G0263838.jpg

_DSC0852.jpg

_DSC0853.jpg

Someone fell off their board but help was close by....

_DSC0857.jpg

If you wanted to parasail that was also available...

_DSC0860.jpg

Of course the main reason for the beach is to kick back and relax!

_DSC0858.jpg

G0283845.jpg

Aruba is great... it's very modern and well developed. I will defintely find my way back there and the next time I will get on this Pirate ship...

_DSC0862.jpg

After about 5 hours on the beach we decided we better pack up and start heading back to the ship. Our taxi guy told us to come back to where he dropped us off and the guys there would call us a taxi... well we headed over to the spot.. a guy was sitting there, we asked about the taxi and he told us to walk up the street and then we would find the taxi stand... this is where we learnt a little something.... we walked up... no taxi stand... we did see a bus stop so we thought oh well we have to get back so lets go to the bus stop and see what happens....after about 5 minutes a mini van pulls up .... the woman driving opens the door and says where ya going... we say back to the cruise terminal and she tells us she is a local bus vendor and if we didnt mind a few stops her route takes her there... we say how much... she says 1.50 each... voila... we hopped in and off we went. She took us a different route then we came made a few more stops and picked up some locals and fellow cruise passengers and then we headed off. Within about 20 minutes we were back at the port where we realized the terminal for these small buses was virtually beside the cruise terminal. It cost us $3 to get back to the ship. I gave her $5 and we got out walked around town a bit then headed back to the ship...lesson learned for the next time... if you want to save a few bucks skip the taxi area just outside of terminal and walk to the bus area!

Now we were back in town...

_DSC0863.jpg

_DSC0864.jpg

_DSC0865.jpg

Navigator...

_DSC0866.jpg

_DSC0868.jpg

This shot is basically about a block from where this small bus dropped us off... perfect!

_DSC0867.jpg

Once on the ship we had a quick bite and went up to the 12th deck to snap a few photos and get a drink or two or three...

This is a distant shot of the Riu hotel off in the distance. It is located on the beach we were on...

_DSC0872.jpg

Some shots of the port area from the ship...

_DSC0873.jpg

_DSC0874.jpg

_DSC0875.jpg

_DSC0876.jpg

More from the port area...

_DSC0878.jpg

_DSC0880.jpg

With that we were off for the evening (I will get to what we did in the evenings after the ports) but when we returned to our room at night we found this little guy waiting for us...

_DSC0884.jpg

...Well that's Aruba... Day 7 would find us in Bonaire.... till then thanks for following along! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask....

Loving this report! My main complaint about trip report is that there aren't enough pictures, can't make that complaint here! Looking forward to more, thank you so much for taking your time to do this for us!!

My pleasure... I love reading picture loaded reviews as well and have found some great info from them too... thanks for following...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Volley Ball game in progress...

G0253836.jpg

_DSC0818.jpg

_DSC0819.jpg

The beach is actually very large....

_DSC0824.jpg

_DSC0825.jpg

....and nicely groomed....

_DSC0830.jpg

I'm really enjoying your review ! We're leaving tomorrow for this same itinerary on Fri . This beach was in Aruba by the Riu resort correct ? I'm so excited to go there next week ! Enjoy the rest of your cruise !