Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

Doing this cruise in 51(ish) days. Looking forward to the rest of your review and LOTS of pictures. Thanks for doing it.

Dan.

Long day at the office today so I hope to get back to this tomorrow... promise to get it done before you leave!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following along . We leave for her 9 day in 8 days ! How are the beds ? I'm so excited !

The beds in my opinion were perfect... not too hard but not to soft.... we were in room 6344.

Did the Navigator change times so that we are on Island time?

Yes.... we moved forward an hour on the way down... what was weird was they did it in the middle of the day.... rather than overnight... so it was 2 pm and suddenly it was 3 pm... no tequila involved either!

Yes.... we moved forward an hour on the way down... what was weird was they did it in the middle of the day.... rather than overnight... so it was 2 pm and suddenly it was 3 pm... no tequila involved either!

Thanks - I have heard of ships doing this, but have not experienced it myself - Yet.....

Sailed on Celebrity Reflection last four years and the first two we moved the clocks ahead one hour but the last two we stayed on ships time, not local time. By this time next week, I hope to be on Navigator of the Seas, ON VACATION TIME!!!!

I had to go back and read through this to see where I was at.... and the answer to that is that it was finally Embarkation day! We were finally on our way.

We were not in a huge hurry so we got up and had a nice breakfast at the hotel. We then went back to the room and started to pack up. We needed to pick up some wine before we headed to the ship so we loaded up the car and headed off to the grocery store which was only about a five minute drive down the road. We stopped, picked up the wine and then headed off to the Airport to drop off the car and pick up our shuttle to the Port.

As I had mentioned earlier, we rented from Thrifty because they offered a free shuttle to the port. We dropped the car off and the shuttle was there to meet us. They actually had a few of them running so we had no wait at all, the driver greeted us at the door and took us out to the shuttle. Very impressive service.

After about a 20 minute ride we were finally at the port. I didn't check but I think we arrived at around 11:30 am. We dropped off our luggage with the porters (left the appropriate tip) and headed toward the ship.... that's when we noticed the line......

I had heard about lines for embarkation with Navigator but I thought how bad could it be really? .... hmmm....

...... and..... it wasn't .. yes there was a line but hey we were on vacation so it was way better then the line up on the highway during rush hour heading for the office... am I right?

So how was embarkation? It took around 45 minutes in total, I would say. I think the problem was the set up. The line went into the building and then there was a check point as always. Then you headed toward some escalators which led up to where the security check was. This set up seemed to create the real delay... it seemed to be a funny location for it really. Once past the security check, you then headed into the "staging" area where the sections were split up by your crown and anchor status. I have to admit, I did not see any advantage to the priority embarkation process.... just seemed to me like everyone lined up and waited for the approach to the counter.... which of course eventually came and we were checked in and vacation time was official!

With that we headed onboard Navigator!

Our first impressions of Navigator were great... we loved her... She looked immaculate and shiny! We headed up to the Windjammer for some lunch and within about 45 minutes of being on Navigator we were able to get into our room!

_DSC0498.jpg

If you recall, we had booked a guaranteed oceanview room. However, lucky us.. we received an upgrade and were awarded with a balcony room. The room we ended up with was on the 6th floor and was room #6344

_DSC0440.jpg

I have to say I was very impressed with the room. We have had balcony rooms on other ships before and this one I would have to say was one of the biggest we have had. They have taken the coffee table out of the room and I think this really made the difference. Well here is the room....

_DSC0444.jpg

_DSC0445.jpg

_DSC0447.jpg

_DSC0446.jpg

Muster drill was next on the list and so we headed off for that around 4:30 pm and our drill was being held in the Sapphire Dining room on Deck 4. I have to admit, I like the muster in a lounge or some common room rather than out on the decks under the boats lined up like a herd of cattle in the steaming heat...

Following muster it was time for sail away. We decided to head back to our cabin and enjoy the sail away from our balcony.

Starting to pull away...

_DSC0453.jpg

Lots of other ships in Port as well...

_DSC0453.jpg

Disney Magic was in town....

_DSC0454.jpg

_DSC0456.jpg

_DSC0455.jpg

_DSC0459.jpg

The Norwegian Pearl was the first to leave....

_DSC0461.jpg

The Norwegian Sky was waiting its turn to take off... We spent a week on the Sky back in September.

_DSC0466.jpg

_DSC0468.jpg

Carnival Victory...

_DSC0462.jpg

Enchantment Of the Seas...

_DSC0469.jpg

Our sail away was beautiful and set the tone for the entire cruise... The sun was setting on our day but the fun was just about to begin!

_DSC0484.jpg

_DSC0483.jpg

The pilot boat arrives to take away the Pilot...

_DSC0485.jpg

Waving us away on our journey....

_DSC0486.jpg

..and a beautiful sunset this evening...

_DSC0488.jpg

_DSC0489.jpg

_DSC0490.jpg

_DSC0487.jpg

.....and with that are evening would begin... we had an early night as the first day always seems to be a full day but tomorrow we would have our first sea day as we headed towards Labadee...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I look forward to the rest of your review Steve!

Looking forward to reading your review. We sail Navigator November 24.

We are sailing with you! Only 273 days to go. LoL

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I look forward to the rest of your review Steve!

It's a pleasure and thanks for following along ... I will get back to the review tomorrow as we enjoy the first of four sea days....