Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

The helicopter lifted off and he rescue was complete...

_DSC0572.jpg

I never heard what the situation was or who was being airlifted away but I hope they were ok....

Once the gangway was back open we made our way off the ship and explored the island a bit.

_DSC0575.jpg

_DSC0576.jpg

_DSC0577.jpg

_DSC0579.jpg

_DSC0580.jpg

Our first impressions of Labadee were fabulous... It was all we expected and more. Depending on your interests there is something for everyone to do.

We headed over to the zipline area to see what was happening....

_DSC0582.jpg

_DSC0584.jpg

_DSC0596.jpg

The landscape was great as well so we continued to walk around a bit...

_DSC0574.jpg

_DSC0585.jpg

_DSC0586.jpg

Some more sites as we continued on our journey around Labadee...

G0043755.jpg

_DSC0594.jpg

The front of Navigator....

_DSC0595.jpg

_DSC0593.jpg

We then decided to head over to the beach and hang out for the rest of the day... which we did...

G0053760.jpg

_DSC0597.jpg

We wondered over to one of the beaches but I cant remember which one... I want to say its was in the middle... there was the diamond area beach on our right and another beach on our left...

G0053759.jpg

_DSC0598.jpg

We had no trouble finding chairs and we had no problems finding a spot to put the chairs... it was rather easy actually...

_DSC0600.jpg

_DSC0601.jpg

_DSC0604.jpg

_DSC0603.jpg

We wondered over to one of the beaches but I cant remember which one... I want to say its was in the middle... there was the diamond area beach on our right and another beach on our left...

Nellies Beach is where you were!

Dan.

G0053761.jpg

Just behind us on the beach was a bar and so we didn't have to go far to get a drink. As I am sure most of you know they also offer a full bbq lunch on the island and I have to say the options and choices were great... I particularly loved the ribs and corn on the cob! Overall, I have to say the island was great and we had a great time just hanging out... After lunch we headed back to the beach...

_DSC0605.jpg

Vanda enjoying the water...

_DSC0606.jpg

_DSC0608.jpg

_DSC0609.jpg

G0063766.jpg

In between beers, I managed to get into the water a bit as well....

G0063763.jpg

After a some water time, I headed over to the cove located next to us...

_DSC0611.jpg

The water was crystal clear in this area....

_DSC0613.jpg

_DSC0614.jpg

_DSC0612.jpg

_DSC0610.jpg

Labadee was very tropical...

_DSC0624.jpg

_DSC0622.jpg

Heading back Vanda was walking along the beach...

_DSC0629.jpg

Go Blue!

_DSC0628.jpg

We soon packed up our stuff and headed back to the ship. From our balcony you could see folks returning and some entertainment along the pier...

_DSC0634.jpg

One last look at Labadee as we were getting ready to pull away from the Pier...

_DSC0630.jpg

Too funny. I just saw your photos of the medical airlift, and went back to the beginning and realized that we were on the same sailing.

My first thought was....airlifts from Labadee aren't THAT common. Same cruise. :D

Day 4 - At Sea

Our routine is pretty much the same... I would get up and workout, then we would grab some breakfast and head out onto deck 12 and spend our day watching the sea flow by.... perfect.

The outside deck was busy but never a problem finding a chair...

_DSC0639.jpg

The Sky Bar was a busy place at the best of times... it always seemed to have a crowd around. It was also the smoking area and I think that is the reason why. Fellow cruisers were all standing around smoking and chatting throughout most of the day. When I wanted a drink I would walk down to Deck 11 and pick something up there.

_DSC0640.jpg

The house band played throughout the day on the deck and I have to say these guys were very good with some great sounds with a reggae beat...The group was called Vybes 4.

_DSC0636.jpg

_DSC0635.jpg

Here are a few more shots from the deck...

G0424057.jpg

_DSC0638.jpg

More from Johnny Rockets...

_DSC0651.jpg

_DSC0649.jpg

Aft area of Deck 12...

_DSC0652.jpg

You can access Deck 13 from aft end of the ship so I headed up to check out the sports area...

_DSC0653.jpg

There was ample loungers up here as well...

_DSC0655.jpg

_DSC0689.jpg

The Cosmopolitan Lounge Deck 14 - This was a very small lounge and I found that it didn't seem to be that practical for events such as karaoke and the night club....

_DSC0694.jpg

_DSC0695.jpg

Our sea day on the deck was drawing to a close so we headed in the for the evening. The following day we would reach Curacao and we would embark on a different type of paradise.

The sunset was a beauty that night from our balcony....

_DSC0699.jpg

_DSC0703.jpg

and later we were greeted by this fellow....

_DSC0704.jpg

Too funny. I just saw your photos of the medical airlift, and went back to the beginning and realized that we were on the same sailing.

My first thought was....airlifts from Labadee aren't THAT common. Same cruise. :D

Did you hear what happened or anything further? I hope whomever it was is now doing well... love to hear your spin on the cruise as well...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you hear what happened or anything further? I hope whomever it was is now doing well... love to hear your spin on the cruise as well...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A poster on the roll call said that they had spoken to the ship's physician on an excursion. The patient was flown for care in the Dominican Republic and was stable after a stroke. And then was flown back to the mainland.

I wondered where they would take them. Hospitalization in Haiti would be sort of an alarming prospect.

Your photos are outstanding! We thought it was a very nice and relaxing cruise. Very pretty, pastel colored ports!