Yo-Yo Caribbean Cruise Fares on Reflection

Luvcrusn

Anyone else seeing crazy up and down fares? We booked a cruise for Nov. 2017 on Reflection back in Jan. 2016. $1899 for concierge. Price dropped in May 2016 $1799. Price went back up in June. In November, price dropped to $1599. Then back up to $1899 in Dec. Dropped yesterday to $1799, today it's back to $1899. It's still far out from final payment. Is anyone else seeing yo-yo fares like this?

In my opinion, it is no different than airline fares, the price of things on Amazon, or even the prices in the grocery store. The computer algorithm which sets the fares looks at many, many variables, maybe even the phase of the moon, to try to maximize profits for the company. From a consumer's standpoint, it is quite frustrating.

We are on Reflection in March (booked March 2016) and have seen a lot of up and down movement in the fares. Some of that movement has been directly tied to the perks that were added/removed.

We keep an eye on a few cruises at a time and it's not uncommon. It gets worse the closer you get to final payment.

In my opinion, it is no different than airline fares, the price of things on Amazon, or even the prices in the grocery store. The computer algorithm which sets the fares looks at many, many variables, maybe even the phase of the moon, to try to maximize profits for the company. From a consumer's standpoint, it is quite frustrating.

I wouldn't go as far as comparing them to grocery stores. Here in Phoenix the major food stores ads come out on Wednesday and the pricing is good through the following Tuesday. If they run out of a sale item, they give you a rain check so you can get that sale price whenever they get a restock of that product. I've seen cruise prices change several times in the same day

I've lucked out twice and gotten the fare reductions, kept all my perks and OBC and am currently sailing Aqua for less than the current Concierge Price, but it feels like buying a used car! I generally closely follow fares once we book but don't ever remember a cruise fare varying as much or as often as this one, especially this far out from final payment. I guess from now on this will be the new normal, daily vigilance!

Anyone else seeing crazy up and down fares? We booked a cruise for Nov. 2017 on Reflection back in Jan. 2016. $1899 for concierge. Price dropped in May 2016 $1799. Price went back up in June. In November, price dropped to $1599. Then back up to $1899 in Dec. Dropped yesterday to $1799, today it's back to $1899. It's still far out from final payment. Is anyone else seeing yo-yo fares like this?
Been watching them religiously since we booked our Nov. cruise on the Equinox back in Aug. and winning big. Right now our C1 cabin with the Go Best package is $100 less than the C3 priced C2 w/Go Better package cabin we originally booked. Hoping there are at least one or two more dips before final payment. :D :D