HDMI Hookup to Flatscreen TV's: OV Pacific Princess?

prescottbob

Hello,

I just wanted to find some current information on the Pacific Princess regarding the flat screen TV's installed.

This will be our first Princess cruise that will have 10+ sea days & we often enjoy a flick / some sort of series episodes in the afternoons.

Do the OV flat screens have an accessible HDMI port available so I can use my laptop (that has a DVD player) or do I need not bother to bring some 'favorites' if no inputs (HDMI / RCA's) are available.

Thanks so much.

Be well & safe travels.

Bob:)

The TVs do have an HDMI input but it's not easy to get to. DH tilted the bottom of the TV out as far as it would go and held a hand mirror to look for it while I beamed my iPhone flashlight behind the TV to provide light. He marked the placement of the input with a finger and then used the other hand to connect the HDMI cable. We were in six different cabins over the course of three months and he got quite good at doing this.

The next issue was changing the TV input. Only one type of the remotes we had in those cabins could change the input. Luckily, we travel with a universal remote that we had programmed for the Pacific Princess in prior years and that worked when the remote provided didn't.

Using our iDevices to provide alternative viewing options saves us on B2B cruises. The exact same programs are shown on TV on the exact same day of each cruise.:eek:

We are going on the Pacific Princess World Cruise for the 2nd time. The one thing we missed was the TV service. They showed the same thing day after day. I think every episode of the Love Boat was shown! I did see and HDMI input but What I am inquiring about is your universal remote. What kind do you have that will work on our ship? We brought our laptop and lots of DVDs but had to watch them on our computer. Watching them on the TV would be so much better. Thanks for the info

We are going on the Pacific Princess World Cruise for the 2nd time. The one thing we missed was the TV service. They showed the same thing day after day. I think every episode of the Love Boat was shown! I did see and HDMI input but What I am inquiring about is your universal remote. What kind do you have that will work on our ship? We brought our laptop and lots of DVDs but had to watch them on our computer. Watching them on the TV would be so much better. Thanks for the info

If you saw every episode of the Love Boat you were lucky. We saw the same 10 or so episodes over and over and over... ;p

We are not at home right now and I don't have the brand of the universal remote we use when we cruise. It is at least seven years old and a very small and basic one. We keep it in a quart sized ziplock bag with the batteries removed along with the small book of codes that came with it and it goes on all our cruises with us. Sometimes it can find its own code for the TV but other times we have to play with several of them for that particular TV brand to get it to communicate.