Celebrity Solstice - Drink Package Price onboard

HI Guys, wondering if anyone has been recently and know what the drink package prices on board were ? Specifically interested in the Premium Non Alcoholic Package. Do you also know if they were offering any discounts on specialty dining restaurants booked onboard ? I am used to travelling on Royal ships and found the prices of the specialty restaurants on Solstice expensive to book through our cruise planner. Thanks in advance :-)

HI Guys, wondering if anyone has been recently and know what the drink package prices on board were ? Specifically interested in the Premium Non Alcoholic Package. Do you also know if they were offering any discounts on specialty dining restaurants booked onboard ? I am used to travelling on Royal ships and found the prices of the specialty restaurants on Solstice expensive to book through our cruise planner. Thanks in advance :-)

We were often invited to dine at the specialty restaurants while on board Solstice in November 2016 at discounts so I would probably wait till you get onboard.

On one occasion, we were asked to "name our price" for one of the restaurants, and it was not busy the night we went.

Discounts cannot be taken for granted. They are dependant upon demand. On a recent Solstice cruise the staff went all out with packages and enticements for the first couple of days on board and as there was a large take up no discounts were offered. If one wants to try a specialty restaurant embarkation night is going to be the cheapest

Costs of all drinks packages can be found on the Celebrity website

can I just ask, have you already booked, as celebrity are offering free classic alcohol packages on certain cruises.

these packages work ,so you can get everything up to and including 'all' packages to classic level, then you can upgrade to premium once on board. it costs around $100.00 aus dollars to upgrade from classic to premium once onboard for a seven night cruise

cheers

There have been some good deals on Solstice on my current cruise ending tomorrow:

All you can eat for lunch at Sushi on Five started at $25 then dropped to $20. We ate there 3 times.

Dinner at Silk Harvest for $27 - but not worth it IMHO.

Lunch at Tuscan Grille today was $25, awesome steak.

Thanks guys for your reply's. Yes we have already booked but always travel in inside rooms, so no beverage package included for us :-) Great news about the specialty restaurants having good deals depending on the demand, that suits us fine to wait and see what comes about.

OzKiwi can you remember how much it was to buy the Premium Non Alcoholic Package onboard ??? :D

OzKiwi can you remember how much it was to buy the Premium Non Alcoholic Package onboard ??? :D

Sorry, no, but you should be able to find the price on the Celebrity website. We had a package as a perk so I didn't take any notice of the prices.

Oh wow great prices. We had agreed only 1x specialty night based on the prices coming up in the cruise planner, but hopefully those sorts of prices continue for our sailing in 3 weeks!

Wait for a few days before going to the speciality restaurants, you probably won't get price drops until they decide that not enough people are going there.

We mostly went for lunches as the MDR food was excellent on this trip. Sushi on Five offered a choice between a flat all-you-can-eat price and a la carte. Do the maths. One time we went it was border line - the savoury dishes we selected came to $38 in total and the flat rate was $20pp. However I decided I wanted to try the Yuzu sorbet and that took the total price to over $40 so we paid the flat rate. On the first sea day the flat rate was $25pp but they dropped it on the next sea day. We loved Sushi on Five, the appetisers were awesome except for the wontons, the ramen and udon soups were great, the sashimi was very good, but the sushi roll we tried wasn't the greatest, the rice was a bit soggy and was too warm. We didn't get around to trying the nigiri.

The Silk Harvest waiters were actively spruiking a reduced rate of $27 (down from $35) for dinner a few days into the cruise. They were often seen wandering around the Martini Bar. We were very disappointed with Silk Harvest - none of the dishes we tried were anything like the real Asian dishes.

The best deal was Tuscan Grille on the last sea day. Originally it was supposed to be a speciality restaurant showcase with dishes from all three restaurants at $35pp. Normal Tuscan Grille dinner price is $45pp. However just as we were about to order the waiter informed us that they were pulling the special menu and gave us the regular lunch menu, which was fine by us especially when we saw they'd only charged us $25pp. The filet mignon with garlic was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten and the minestrone soup DH has was awesome too.

Toeknees, I just checked the stuff I brought home from our cruise (I keep all the daily newsletters) and found an ad for the Beverage Packages. The Premium Non-Alcoholic Package was US $26 pp per day and the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package was US $22 pp per day.